Stock 95 Gen1 vs 93 Mustang GT 5.0

C

Condor Legion

All too easy...As soon as I got two car lengths on him, he shut down.

LIKE SHOWING UP
FOR PAINTBALL
WITH A .45,
CL

What kind of mods are you running or are you stock. My cousin has a 90 5.0 gt and i have been wanting to race him but i dont know if i can beat him. I have a 93L with pullies and flowmaster kn open filter and today i installed the a 75 shot of nitrous i know that i will kill him with the nitrous but if i do race i will not use the nitrous.

I can vouch for CL. He's 100% all stock.

120k miles, and he's still running the engine oil that came in it
smile.gif

Great kill. I've been wanting to run a near-stock GT for some time.

[This message has been edited by Brian Baskin (edited 07-28-2001).]

you prick
smile.gif

3000 miles or bust on the oil.

heh...Yeah I'm about as stock as 125,000+ miles can get. (NAPA plug wires, Autolite APP724 plugs, NAPA OEM style air filter).

I live and die by the "any given Sunday" rule and I'll run anything anytime anyplace.

On any given Sunday, Jason Browns steroid monster half-weight Lightning might just break down and I'll win...

YEAH, RIGHT,
CL

Run a new gt yet? Them are fun to smoke. Can't say for sure I beat them though both that I raced were being driving by women, hehe. Not saying that all ladies can't drive, just all the ones I know.

------------------
It will strike twice.
Stock, best e/t: 15.302

The new gts are alittle too strong for our gen 1s stock. My buddy has a 2000 gt and he burns me by 5 or 6 cars.
frown.gif

------------------
Modifications
------------------
Level 10 shift kit
Bassani X pipe
flowmasters
Pullies
Hard top
Cervinis inducion hood
Cervinis roll pan
White 95
gen1finalsm.gif

I built up my buddy's '93 LX 5.0 and I had him off the line...until he got traction and blew by me. I was up to about 70, he passed me like I was tied off to a tree!!! I run borderline 15.00's. He probably runs low 13's or so.

------------------
Brendon Hale
Black 94L #620-March pullies, Bassani exhaust, MSD, NGK, Energy Suspension, Cal-Tracs, etc.
'84 Bronco II-replacement for the Honda
'86 Honda CRX-for sale

OK.. the post on the "Club News" section forces me to look here out of curiosity
wink.gif

My BONE FREAKING STOCK 92 GT convertible with 132,000 miles went 15.31@92 in the heat of the day two weeks ago in Bowling Green, KY with me and my husband (Chris), in the car.

Chris made his virgin pass and didn't fare so well. Though I was impressed at how well he actually did with it.

Then a friend of mine made a pass at 4:30 once the car and the air had cooled some and went 14.88@93. Not too shabby for a convertible, I think.

Nice times for a stocker ragtop, Trace.

My (speed density) '88 'vert has only been down the track once. 14.80/96 with only an offroad pipe and a Pro-5.0 shifter, and 14* of timing. 2.60 60-ft on that run due to a dead traction lock and a greasy track.....not to mention the idiot driver that refused to lift! That was with 117k on the clock...

Ragtops rock!
smile.gif

Later,

------------------
- Kevin
Black '94 #907

[This message has been edited by Thundrn_Lightning (edited 08-01-2001).]

Unfortunetly for all (decent) Fox bodied Stangs everywhere, the one I ran against was in rough shape mechanically and bodywise. This I could tell from the minute I saw it sitting across the pumps from me at a gas station. A very young guy driving it and he was very interested in my bright red truck.

He challenged me. Said there "ain't no way any truck is gonna run with my Stang."

Fast & Furious is playing at the theatre across the street from the gas station...

Reaction time means everything (like I gotta tell a pro that) and I had a full truck length on him before I was clear of the intersection.

I've run the Crimson Bitch all of three times on a "real" 1/4 mile track. Two summers ago, 15.5 on our first pass at Capital Raceway (Md.) and 15.3 on our second, both in the heat of mid-day July (90+ degrees). Late August last summer I got in a one-time best pass at Cecil County (Md.) shortly after a tune-up on an unseasonably cool evening (65 something) of 14.96...

The Crimson Bitch has also done several G-Tech passes that were all between 15.1 and 15.3...

I have no excuses for the way my truck runs, I just know it does, and does so consistently...

OL RELIABLE,
CL

Back