Srt10

jbd

Well the inevitable finally happened.

Some of you might know of that episode of Trucks! back a few years ago where they did the comparison on the Viper Ram and the Lighting (and the small look at the Joe Gibbs Chevy, whatever that was all about?). When we finished the episode we decided which one we would love to have, me the Lightning and him the SRT10. He bought his new and I bought mine earlier this year. Our dream garages completed.

About a month ago on a Sunday afternoon we both had the trucks out and left a parking lot at the same time. Shortly after we came to the same light clear of traffic of course. We left the light hard and I pulled on him about a car length and around 80 he had not made any progress at catching up. At that point the lanes merged and we had to let off.

I really didn't know if I had a chance or not. My Lightning is almost bone stock with the exception of a Borla exhaust (blah). He has a Magnaflow and CAI. I know that its a heavier truck being two door and Automatic but its still keeps up with the single cabs. His sounded a lot meaner, almost like thunder, but I had to feel as if I made the right decision! But I do still have a lot of respect for that truck.

Back