Speaker grill- popped loose on corner

99WhiteBeast

multiple personalities
On my son's 93 his speaker grill has popped loose on the upper right corner. I suspect its because of his loud stereo as he has a 4 way 6x9 stuffed in there.

Any ideas to secure it back? I thought about some epoxy but there is not much surface area to secure it. It's not noticeable on the truck but you can push on it and it flexes about 1/4".

The reason I need to fix it because it pops when the stereo is on. I had originally thought it was a blown speaker but its not its the grill.

Your best bet is to take the panel off and see why it did what it did. I'd like to see a pic of how he got a 6x9 stuffed in the door.

We cut the sheet metal on the door to make the hole bigger. The plastic piece that surrounds the grill cracked and therefore made the grill pop off at the corner. I used a little JB Weld and stuffed a toothpick in the side and its holding nicely. I just buttoned up the panel so sorry on the pics. He's running (4) 4way 6x9's (two in door and two in speaker boxes behind the seat) and a 200 watt amp. Little too loud for my taste but I'm old.

Back