Spare tire....

Switch

Hi I'm in the middle of buying a 04 and where i live they require a spare tire to pass an inspection. My issue is it doesn't have one and I'm just going to the wreckers and get one off a regular 03 f150 but I don't know what size the spare is and if a regular 03 f150 rim will fit my new truck.
Just wondering if anyone can tell me please.
Thanks Craig

I could be wrong, but I think mine was just a regular F-150 spare. I got rid of it some years ago when I bought four more stock rims for my 04. So my spare is one of my four Goodyear Eagle's that I still have. I have a hard bed cover, so I choose to keep the spare at the front of the bed on the passenger side. Stays cleaner and is easier to check the inflation once a year or so, than when it's under the truck.

Lately I just keep a can of fix-a-flat in a black milk crate under the cover. Also keep one of them small electric compressors that plug into the cigar lighter as well. Same with my beater Ranger. One night, got out of work to find a flat. Hit it with the fix-a-flat, aired it up the rest of the way with the compressor and was on the way home in 15 minutes.

Back