slider's Q...

thepawn

My rear springs drop my truck 2", if I get the sliders to replace my shackles and I losing another 2" also?

Daniel

IF you are still using your stock shackles then the answer is yes.BUT you are limiting your travel a bunch too which can hurt you if you are on a rough course.Would really need to c notch,because youu now have almost no travel up into the wheel well so you will bottom out on the bumps.[which I DON'T like]but its your truck.Stan

I don't want to lower it another two inches, thats why I was asking. :)

I guess if I want to eventually go with the sliders, I'll have to change the rear springs again.

I don't want to drop more then the 2" I have, this is low enough. :)

thx
Daniel

Can someone explain what a slider is/does? (not the whitecastle variety. very familiar with those)

Better yet, anyone with pics?

Bob

What the slider does is remove the shackle and mount bracket for the shackle[rivited to the frame].by doing that you are eliminating the rubber bushings 2 per side which deflect sideways in a turn and you also get the TRUE spring rate due to the fact that the rubber bushing is not twisting.Plus there is less of a side deflection of the spring because you removed the levelage of the shackle.Stan

Think its possible for me to get rear leafs that are the same (or similar rate) to the Roush springs I have, yet won't drop the truck two inches?

Roush won't tell me what their rates are.

Daniel

If you would like a stiffer spring and added height you can install a leaf under the main spring should raise the truck about 1 to 1.5 depending on thickness of the leaf Have done it more than several times and also increases the spring rate too_Otherwise yo can install the Hotckiss spring that is zero drop is around 300 to start which is what the roush one is.Stan

Cool. I'll look into the Hotchkis springs then and maybe end up getting these before the end of the summer...

Daniel

Back