shifting auto manual

F

five0drw

i have been looking at some of the mph through the 1/4 i was wandering if i should change the shift point's if i let the truck shift on its on the mph is usually the same 90 or 91 i have done several changes the et has went down but the mph has stayed the same
should i take the chip out and have it re burned to change rpm shift point's. dont think i am using the full rpm range truck shifs around 5300 5500 on full throttle. just a thought. it is eaiser if i let it shift on it's own. any help would help. thanks.

If you still have the stock valve springs (and stock cam) there is no reason to go to 5500 rpms. You're just throwing away revs because the cam is spent after 4800-5000 rpms. Bigger rockers help some, but exacerbate the problem with the valve springs being weak and letting the valves float after about 5300 rpms.

Later!
Jeff S.

Yep Jeff is right I have the 1.72s on my truck.When I put it on the dyno you could see the power drop like a rock at 5200.
Marcus Harrison

you guy's are right i will be happy with the mph. and just keep dropping my et's thanks.

Oh yea the stock tach is off its says around 5500 when its really 5000.Later
Marcus

Back