"service engine soon"

hey everyone, i recently put a JLP cold air intake on my 2000 lightning and when i was finished it ran great for 2 days. on the third day i did a coolant flush and the service engine soon light came on. i thought that maybe it was from the cooling sytem being open. then i ran my scanner on the truck and it said "left bank lean". im assuming that the added airflow might have caused a lean condition but there isnt that much done to the truck besides the intake, flowmaster catback, and boost bypass mod. and info would be great. thanks

charles

I wouldn't be too afraid to drive your truck as mine has had p0171 and p0174 codes for almost 4 years and truck drives just fine. It may just be that the increase in airflow finally triggered the light on. Do you have any extra boost or headers where the airflow has been increased? Like i said with mine for 1 year i drove it with the light on and then the truck went into storage but comes out for about 2,000 miles a year.

Justin

I live in North Carolina. My service engine light is on but it has been driving fine. I am 1 month past inspection but they will not give a sticker with the check engine light on. If you try to disconect the battery the computer they use will say "Not ready" Because when you do that is make s the computer in your truck re-boot. Is thier another way to get it to cut off?

that code could be caused by air flow bad o2 or anything else . do a pid dat display and see what the reading actually is. watch fuel pressure and maf . also when cold air go on sometimes the hoses will leak slight vacuum . need to ck all connections very thoroughly

I already checked that. I have the two guage pods: Fuel and Booost. When that service engine light came on the light went out on my fuel pod. Would anyone have an idea what the problem may be? Thank you very much!

hey bud, your problem with your service light coming on and your guage going off is in your wiring. how do you have it wired? have you checked your grounds? do you have it wired into the fuse box or what

I live in North Carolina. My service engine light is on but it has been driving fine. I am 1 month past inspection but they will not give a sticker with the check engine light on. If you try to disconect the battery the computer they use will say "Not ready" Because when you do that is make s the computer in your truck re-boot. Is thier another way to get it to cut off?

Do you have an aftermarket stereo? If so try removing it and driving around for 50 miles or so. It sound like BS, but it worked for my Sport Trac. Something to do with the stereo and CPU all on the same circut, causes the ODBII to fail.

Back