Service Engine Light?

bgstew6 said:
hmmmmm could be abs but that is not a cheap part...500 buks....

the popping could be the notorious clunk......

Lower front Driver Rear control arm...has an elongated hole. Supposedly made it easier for installation on the assembly line. Anyhoo...the bolt will slop around in the hole under stress/load when turning. You can see if it is by simply lookiing at it and noticing any wear/rub of the bolt on it....see where it has been sliding back and forth. DO a search on Clunk Washers.....the washer have a raised section that fill the elongated hole, centering the bolt and eliminating the ability of the bolt to shift causing the clunk... Bout 30 bucks for a set of them.

Thats probably it, Ive heard they are notorious for control arm popping. As far as teh brake issue, i dont think it would be the abs since it doesnt throw a code at all. Ive even scanned the ABS system and nothing shows up. Im curious to try a brake booster and see how it acts.

bgstew6 said:
Also noticed that you are from Ga....I was born in Sandy Springs (hot lanta) and then grew up North in Rome. Hook up with the GLOC boys and get with Dbl G....Good friend of mine. Along with he and the Gloc buys cant find a better group in the dirty south to hang out with and work on trucks.

Cool, yeah my buddy John Turcott used to troll around here and referred me, I think his username is JFboy not sure. is the GLOC a different forum ?

LOL true....not to much else to swap out...then....

No not different Site.....GLOC Local CLub Section here on NLOC>....

bgstew6 said:
LOL true....not to much else to swap out...then....

No not different Site.....GLOC Local CLub Section here on NLOC>....

Cool, Ill have to check it out and depending on when I get home tommorrow I may try and tackle that lower manifold 90 job but I think im gonna wait till wednesday so I know I will have access to a few parts houses incase I cant find a 90. ITs my only transportation right now so it kind of sucks. lol sucks i got a list of stuff to fix on her though lets see

MIL code possible 90 degree intake tube
brake fade issue
popping control arm
possible fan clutch weak

lol sucks being broke and owning a LIghtning lol

welcome to the mod bug afflicted fold....LOL

I know the feeling.....I'm Married, wife has mod bug too for her ride as bad as I do, 5 yr old bottomless pit living in southern California.....

No rest or money for the wicked.....

bgstew6 said:
welcome to the mod bug afflicted fold....LOL

I know the feeling.....I'm Married, wife has mod bug too for her ride as bad as I do, 5 yr old bottomless pit living in southern California.....

No rest or money for the wicked.....

what sucks is these arent mods, just fixing it back to OEM is all. lol but you have no clue how badly i wanna do mods.

OH dont worry....give it time it will come and you find yourself in a perpetual state of BROKE...ROFLMAO

bgstew6 said:
OH dont worry....give it time it will come and you find yourself in a perpetual state of BROKE...ROFLMAO

hell i cant even afford the parts to fix whats wrong with it for now. lol

bgstew6 said:
thats the love hate relationship with these trucks.....

Yeah im starting to notice that, even considered selling my baby but couldnt part with her even though she whines alot. :D

Back