seafoam and L&S

03expyeb

i am getting a used engine installed shortly. my plan is to drain whatever oil is in it, and put in fresh 5w30 motorcraft synthetic blend. i was going to add 9oz of seafoam to the crankcase, and drive around for about a week. then the oil and filter would be changed again, and i will be using amsoil 5w30 xl from that point on. what effect, if any, will the seafoam have on the l&s oil kit and/or stock pcv valve?

Personally, I wouldn't ride around for a week with Seafoam in my truck. If your read the directions, from what I remember you pull brake vaccumn hose off and slowly let it get sucked in without stalling the motor let it sit for awhile take it for a ride blow it out. (you won't believe the cloud of smoke).
Then change your oil.

Personally, I wouldn't ride around for a week with Seafoam in my truck. If your read the directions, from what I remember you pull brake vaccumn hose off and slowly let it get sucked in without stalling the motor let it sit for awhile take it for a ride blow it out. (you won't believe the cloud of smoke).
Then change your oil.

there are 3 methods of use...in the gas tank, in the crankcase, and through the vacuum line. all 3 are acceptable, and all 3 have different purposes. my purpose for puuting it in the oil is to remove any moisture and garbage that may have accumulated in the used engine while it was sitting. the directions state to add to oil, and drive, and it will clean as you go. i put on just under 100 miles a day going to work and back, so after a week, it should have done it's job; then i can drain and put in the amsoil with a new fl820s.

if you wana try something else that works real well for cleaning up throw a bottle of trans fluid in with you oil run it in there for about a week and change your oil then we do this all the time at my shop seems to clean out lifters and bust up loose sludge real good

if you wana try something else that works real well for cleaning up throw a bottle of trans fluid in with you oil run it in there for about a week and change your oil then we do this all the time at my shop seems to clean out lifters and bust up loose sludge real good

That is an inexpensive trick us old school guys like to use.

Jim

Back