SD to MAF conversion thread #9529084

ssok

...he's only got a 302
First off, sorry for posting this. I know there are a ton of threads out there, and ive searched, but cant find this answer.

My truck is a 1993 F150 302 with E4OD 2wd. No lightning.

Most swaps involve the infamous A9L stang computer and alot of wiring harness magic. I do not want to do this since I hate wiring and will more than likely never drive my truck again or catch it on fire.

What I have always wondered, though, is why dont many people consider using a 1994-95 MAF truck harness, computer, etc? 90% of the threads dont mention this, and I dont know why.

I also need to check the Haynes manual, but Im almost positive that the 94-95-96's have a different firing order (the HO order, same as the Mustangs I think) than the 93's(which I have). What are my options for that? I read on fordfuelinjection.com or somewhere similar that just swapping the wires (if it goes 1-2-3 on mine, and 1-2-4 on HO, put the #4 injector wire on my #3) is bad. I lost the thread somewhere, but it said in a nutshell that my O2 reading will be thrownoff. Do I NEED to swap cams at that point then, or just say the heck with it and swap the wires? Can I have the computer's firing order reprogrammed at a local speed shop?

I wish it were 1982 and everything had a carbureator...

For kicks and giggles:
sexi.jpg

While an R code Lightning would be a fun truck, at least I got nice paint :)

your truck looks sharp!most don't use the 94-95 mass air setups because probably 95% of them were 5.0-4r70w combinations. that computer won't run an e4od.I'm currently converting my other f150(a 93 like yours)to a 96 obd2 setup.I converted my factory mass air equipped 94 to this setup by converting the factory harness. the 93 is getting a complete 96 harness.my 93 had a junk aod and now has a 4r70w in its place thanks to the wiring swap.what are your plans for the truck?

I plan on doing:
Installing a 1978-1986 F Series Back bumper(I already own it, thats why its first)
Mass air
Electric Fans
Shift Kit
GT40 Manifolds
EGR Delete
Headers
Remove one cat
Elec. Water Pump

Then after I drive it for awhile install some nice aluminum heads and a cam.

I plan on doing:
Installing a 1978-1986 F Series Back bumper(I already own it, thats why its first)
Mass air
Electric Fans Lincoln Mark VIII is a popular swap.
Shift Kit QH will fix this
GT40 Manifolds changing the wiring around isn't too bad. Cut and resolder to move to other side of motor.
EGR Delete QH will cancel Check Eng light
Headers
Remove one cat
Elec. Water Pump usually only reserved for racing guys, you still need to run your other access.

Then after I drive it for awhile install some nice aluminum heads and a cam.

Personally I wouldn't do the Mass air conversion, I didn't get any appreciable gain from it. There are guys running over 700hp with turbos/blowers on teh speed density. You can get a Moates Quarterhorse tuning chip and use Binary Editor to make a lot of improvements over your stock Speed Density calibration. You can also make A LOT of great changes to shift points/ shift firmness etc. I would highly recommend a PUNISHER valve body also.

For the mass air swap you could go with a A9L processor and a Baumann Optishift (The OptiShift Transmission Control System) for the E4OD controls. The only reason you need to go mass air though is if you are dead set on a big cam (which I was, but my truck has a stick in it so I didn't have to worry about the trans controls).

Back