SCT X4 issues

oilwell1415

Anybody ever had an issue with an SCT tuner not producing the 18v FEPS signal needed to unlock the PCM? I bought this tuner a few months ago and have been fighting with it since I got the truck back together a month or two ago. SCT tech support has been completely useless. They say since I don't have that 18V signal that my PCM is bad, but according to both their literature and my testing the X4 is supposed to be putting that out and it's only sending 17.5V.

17.V should be enough to trigger the line. My guess is the SCT is dead and the transistor can deliver the voltage not not any real current. Have you measured the voltage on the line when the SCT is plugged in?

17.V should be enough to trigger the line. My guess is the SCT is dead and the transistor can deliver the voltage not not any real current. Have you measured the voltage on the line when the SCT is plugged in?
Sorry, just saw this. 17.5 is the voltage with the X4 plugged in. So far the only people that think the X4 is good is SCT, and they are seemingly going to ride that ship to the bottom. They have stopped answering the phone, don't return calls, and have completely ignored my post on their help forum. Don't know what I'm going to do. Guess I'll contact the tuner I got it from and see if they can help.

9 months after this ordeal started I have an update, but still no resolution. After 6 months of trying I finally got to talk to someone at SCT and they agreed that it was probably the X4 that had a problem and gave me an RMA number. They sent it back to me within a week and there is some progress. The X4 will now do all of the generic functions and tunes that come with it, but it will not load a custom tune. After several more attempts, I was able to talk to someone. They are (allegedly) going to send me a blank tune just to see if it will load it to rule out a corrupt tune from my tuner. It's been a week and I still don't have that tune. I emailed them about it and got an automated email back saying they would consider the matter closed if I didn't respond within 48 hours. I replied that it was not closed and that I still needed the tune.

This is the worst customer service I have ever had from anyone.

Back