SC head unit, brackets

Required

Paid NLOC Member
I Support the NLOC
Searching for bracket and head unit options for my ‘93. Knowing the futility of my search I continue to hold out hope. Ideally I’d like to go Vortech.

I’m open to parts availability dictating my direction though.

Bracket and head unit would be perfect, head unit or bracket I can live with. I’m looking at 6lbs max for this truck. It’s just a daily.

I have collected fuel, ignition and BTM already. Discharge, inlet and bypass/bov will follow head unit. Pulleys and tensioners follow bracket and head unit. So I’m kinda stuck without those two. If you have thoughts on this I’d appreciate hearing them.

I’ve seen eBay SC rebuild guy and Torqstorm, looking for something else. Although that F series 351w kit is tempting for $3500. Which just happens to be under my budget.

Yeah and that cast AC bracket is HARD to find. Kits do pop up from time to time it's just a waiting game. Also keep an eye out for Snakebit brackets that might pop up

you can look at my old posts for M&M Machine shop in Mississippi. He built the one that came on my truck.

Last edited:
you can look at my old posts for M&M Machine shop in Mississippi. He built the one that came on my truck.
Thanks, I sent an inquiry. Sweet looking setup. I’m a little suspicious of the @bellsouth.net address but if he can still get dial up good on him.

I definitely prefer this forum to FB, but there's no getting around it that most folks use some type of social media over forums nowadays so I stalk both :)

A brief update on my search.

DNAmotorsport.com
has Windsor based brackets for ProCharger they make work downunda. More mustang or whatever they call them in AU. Sanden A/C, GM PS pump, Alt with 6 rib. 974424FC-667B-4C57-B3A3-3E8C87706D81.jpeg

M&M Machine Shop true customs.com (Benjamin Miller)
Still can and will make you an excellent kit that is Vortech style keeping your beloved A/C and P/S in their prescribed locations. $$$ is relative to materials etc but I will say it is a fair price considering it looks frickin’ awesome! Stolen image
EE3E13FD-9448-4113-BC3F-539739B0C040.jpeg
D49225AC-BF80-4566-B778-3A4CE35160B4.jpeg

Torqstorm
Has their F-Series 351w that relocates the alternator and mounts on the passenger side that runs $3500+ shipping and a reported 4-6 week lead time. Image is not of the F-Series kit but a similar carb based kit. I could not locate an image with a GT40 tube or on an L. Aftermarket A/C and P/S shown.
32247BC2-3226-45B4-997F-A8984991A31C.jpeg

I wouldn't run anything that requires a different front drive system... Should be able to keep stock accessories.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I wouldn't run anything that requires a different front drive system... Should be able to keep stock accessories.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Yeah, agree. I’m going with Ben machining the brackets. I like the mounting location and it also helps he was responding to phone calls and email. Also good references ;) . Goes a long way in my book.

I’ll be putting together the rest after I have the brackets in my grubby paws. Although if the right deal on a Novi 2k popped up I may take a chance and pull the trigger on it.

I put a deposit on the M&M machine bracket and cradle setup. @lilboss82 recommended. I also mentioned adding a bracket or provisions for a Dayco 89483 lilboss82. We’ll see what Ben can do. What are your ideas? I know you guys are well versed in the fine art of belt fu.

I put a deposit on the M&M machine bracket and cradle setup. @lilboss82 recommended. I also mentioned adding a bracket or provisions for a Dayco 89483 lilboss82. We’ll see what Ben can do. What are your ideas? I know you guys are well versed in the fine art of belt fu.

I bought the 90 deg t stat housing and 21074 upper radiator hose to make room for the tensioner on the slack side of the belt. I want it to look similar to Raymond’s setup without the slide adjuster. I do wish I could find the idler Raymond is running. I’ve looked with no luck. But anyway hoping Ben can make me a new tensioner bracket that bolts to where the lower part of the sc cradle meets the ps/ac bracket. If you get there first I’ll copy it. Unfortunately my stuff is all apart so I can’t really mock up anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a tensioner, Same one you have. I can’t find that style fixed idler you have that mounts to the novi head unit

Ah, OK it is an Innovators West pulley I got from Summit

You'll need an appropriate spacer to keep your belt alignment in tact. I ordered one of each, I think I used the .250

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ATI-915992 <--- .250"
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ATI-915993 <--- .350" also note pic is wrong

Ah, OK it is an Innovators West pulley I got from Summit

You'll need an appropriate spacer to keep your belt alignment in tact. I ordered one of each, I think I used the .250

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ATI-915992 https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ATI-915993 QUOTE]

I think you helped me out with some of that in a message befor le. Thank you. My problem is I can’t find the mount that connects the pulley to the headunit.

I think you helped me out with some of that in a message befor le. Thank you. My problem is I can’t find the mount that connects the pulley to the headunit.
Yeah, I guess I was lucky mine came with it. Let me look back through my files I *might* have made a drawing of it in Solidworks.

Back