Sad video - Frank5L and YAEGER - DragStrip

Andre

euro Lightning
I talked to Jeff and Frank before this post.
Both of them siad it is ok that we upload the video of the Accident that happend at LightningFest.

No one got hurt and thats the most important thing.

Frank and Jeff will get their trucks back on the road soon!

Watch the slomo video and see how hard Yaeger is hitting the brakes.

Glad you guys are ok!

Best wishes and get your trucks back on the road soon !

(i will upload the LightningFest trailer Video and pics soon)

André

Crash Video (normal speed)

Frank vs. Yaeger

Crash Video (slowmotion)

Frank vs. Yaeger SlowMotion

Last edited:
Wow - you can really tell in the slow mo that something sprayed under Frank's left rear to get him sideways. And I knew Yaeger did a good job getting on the brakes, but I didn't know it was THAT good. Awesome job, Jeff - you kept that from getting real nasty!

And to get back on the track after that . . .

+2 on the brake job..Yeager... in the slow mo, you can see Yeager, was on the brakes, way before he hit frank, still.... It was scary as he11 to see it in person....Glad you both will race again!!!!
Kerry

Holy smokes!
Glad you both made it out of that one ok!

A local Lightning guy that attended the event told me about this one today at our meet.

I just looked at the slo mo like 100times......If Jeff didnt hit Franks L... Frank would have hit the wall...dead on....Jeff hit Franks rear 1/4 just fractions of a second befor Frank claimed the wall.....
Kerry

That's what I meant. When Jeff clipped Frank it took away some of his forward momentum and turned Franks truck so that the front right corner hit the wall first. I looks like there is a light pole right where Frank hit the wall. From the videos of other crashes I have seen, many times if the car hits the wall that close to perpendicular it will go airborn. Would not have been a good combination.

I'd seen links to this from the Mustang sites, but I'd not seen the slo mo. That Yeager did a great job! It could have been way worse.

Back