S475, stroker build

95sporty150

This is gonna be a slow process, but I've started collecting the parts. Hope to have it up and running by Christmas.
The plans are 393 CHP stroker. 9:1 cr
Afr 185 heads
Crane 2030 powermax
Edelbrock truck performer intake

The heads are at a shop now getting new springs after I developed compression issues.

So far I have the following:
BW S475
BBK headers
Cold and hot side raw tubing
Summit intercooler
Dynomax 4" bullet muffler
Precision Industries 46mm gate
Turbosmart race port bov
Psd bumper and all trim
All the vbands

What I still need:
Fuel system ( I'd say ten years of sitting in a garage with gas, all of my old components are shot), front to back
Tuning or aftermarket engine management ( looking hard at the Holley system)
Odds and ends
Oil filter relocation kit
Head stud kit
Probably a new gearset, from what I've seen 4:10s may be to much for a turbo setup

You have the makings of a good combo but do yourself a favor and get a cam built for turbo application and the fact that it’s a truck and weighs a lot. It will single handedly make the biggest difference in the way the truck performs , drives and behaves. You have a lot of great parts and money invested. Don’t miss out on the heart of the combo.

Also, 4.10’s work great depending on tire diameter . I was at 6,150 rpm at the stripe with them and a 30” tall 295/65/15 radial.

Rudder, you recommend a custom grind or an off the shelf?

I would. I use Brian Friedentag, he really knows his stuff especially turbo and he’s also built a few for us Lightning owners. He’s also very easy to talk to and has interest in your project. The other reason is the cam is what makes it all work, the 2030 will work but a specific grind for a turbo will make it that much better. My cam now with the twins is completely driveable, has awesome street manners and idles steady and makes decent vacuum. It’s not a huge lift cam but it is .600 or so. I didn’t want a max hp cam but one that would drive well and still make power. Definitely worth the 400.00

Haven’t ran my truck yet but my new cam from him idles, drives and sounds much better then my old one. And my old cam was custom as well.

Gonna call Brian after this weekend, work keeping me busy. Thanks to Adam though I've got another piece to the puzzle.

Anyone got any fuel pump/system recommendations? Looking hard at the aeromotive stealth system.
I have the automotive stealth system with the walbro 450 pump. I love it. Nice and quiet and you dont need a controller. Plus it's in the tank so it stays nice and cool

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Some new parts, cervinis roll pan and cowl hood. . .

My wife's 5.3 Yukon dropped a AFM lifter And wiped out a cam lobe. Once my budget and time catches back up I hope to order a custom cam and fuel system.

Ls only downfall. Having to pull heads to do lifters!

When i bought my wife a tahoe i turned the afm off within 2 weeks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I've been videos where guys will hand spin the cam and then run a metal rod through some holes by the retainer bolts and it let's you swap the cam out by keeping the lifters off the cam.
I went with a btr stage two came, ls6 springs, and the AFM/vvt delete.

Been a while, had Life get in the way but finally back on this. Also my son is into mechanical things and hot rods so it's a nice father son project.
Update is:
Sanded and painted the frame with POR15
rear tank is sumped
fuel pump and lines are going in
some cosmetic things geting painted
Here are some new pieces
1000002165.jpg1000002056.jpg1000002362.jpg1000002482.jpg1000002483.jpg1000002486.jpg1000002501.jpg

Attachments

• 1000002362.jpg
    1000002362.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 8
Back