S&B Intake Kit

QuickieF150

LightningLou is coo!
Is the S&B intake setup any good that they have for sale at RPM Outlet?? It looks like a nice looking intake tube and filter with the suction at the nose of the filter as well for better suction of air from the wheel well.

You can find pics and info here: http://rpmoutlet.com/lightmaff.htm

Anybody use this filter of know of the performance, and how this would compare performance wise to the usual C&L tube and filter setup I see alot on here. Any help on which intake I should be looking to purchase would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
intake

I am running this setup and am very happy with it.The fit and install could be improved but once on seems to work good.

spend a few bucks more and get either the K&N or buy a cold air kit from one of the supporting vendors on here. BTW welcome to NLOC.

Is the K&N really better? If anything the S&B kinna looks a bit better with the open air lid for suction from the wheel well. I dont want a cold air because it isn't too practical for me with my daily driver L. Thanks for the help guys. Thanks for the help guys!

K&N did a good job engineering their FIPK. I've had mine installed for about three years now with no complaints. Cleaned the filter two or three times since. The filter that comes with the K&N is absolutely enormous. I wouldn't worry about not having a cone shaped opening at the end of the filter. It gets plenty of air.

What year is your truck? earlier years have a smaller opening inside the fender and a different sized rubber boot to feed the stock air box. if you have an older truck you should enlarge the opening regardless of the intake system you decide to use.

pedro said:
K&N did a good job engineering their FIPK. I've had mine installed for about three years now with no complaints. Cleaned the filter two or three times since. The filter that comes with the K&N is absolutely enormous. I wouldn't worry about not having a cone shaped opening at the end of the filter. It gets plenty of air.

What year is your truck? earlier years have a smaller opening inside the fender and a different sized rubber boot to feed the stock air box. if you have an older truck you should enlarge the opening regardless of the intake system you decide to use.
Ok, sounds like i'm going to go with an FIPK. I have an 01" and the opening looks pretty large, but could possibly be enlarged. Any airbox mods necessary for the FIPK or am I fine? I really like K&N products so I wouldn't doubt its going to perform, just want the best possible induction system without going the route of forced air. Thanks Pedro

QuickieF150 said:
Ok, sounds like i'm going to go with an FIPK. I have an 01" and the opening looks pretty large, but could possibly be enlarged. Any airbox mods necessary for the FIPK or am I fine? I really like K&N products so I wouldn't doubt its going to perform, just want the best possible induction system without going the route of forced air. Thanks Pedro

You're '01 already has the larger opening in the fender. No need to open it up any further. The only mod to the stock airbox is the removal of the stock air box. The K&N FIPK is a complete replacement system. It comes with good instructions with black & white pictures. It's a fairly painless install. I can't recall exactly how long it took me, it's been three years, maybe 1 hour to make it fit right and look good.

Back