Running rough at light load/partial throttle..

i have had this happen to me twice with the denso plugs, call johnny and he will tell you the new plugs hes running in the trucks now. they are better and no more broken tips

Well crap.. I wish he would have told me before I ordered new plugs from him last week.. lol.

I'm going to run a set of TR6's for now, until I can get this straightened out.. I used to run those in my Mustang, and they never let me down. ;)

Travis

I would use the TR6s for now until the problem is sorted. Like I said before, tougher and cheaper. Then when all the tuning is done the Densos will be a smoother running plug. (I use TR6s with 20+#s of boost and a 150 shot)

Jim

Well crap.. I wish he would have told me before I ordered new plugs from him last week.. lol.

I'm going to run a set of TR6's for now, until I can get this straightened out.. I used to run those in my Mustang, and they never let me down. ;)

Travis

I still have a set of 24's from JL that I got with my KB! But, I'm still scared to run them with all the post I read about them breaking. My tuner had me install BR7's and I've had no problems! Even the few times I had some det. issues, they looked perfect! I know they're not as smooth as the Denso's, but I like the fact that if something bad were to happen and my truck leans out or detonates, I won't break a plug!

yeah but I'd rather have the plug burn up than hold up to detonation and something else burn up. Its like having a fuse blow, and just sticking a bigger fuse in there rather than finding the actual problem.

going with TR6's to get the issues ironed out fully is fine, but I'd still recommend going back to denso's when you're tune is all sorted out. Much smoother idle, and if something does go lean and happen, you'll know sooner.

I've never noticed a difference in the Densos vs. the NGK other than Densos are just more expensive. I like the BR7's the best, they don't idle quite as well, but they're a stout spark plug, and they don't retain heat like the TR6's.

I went down to the lake a couple years ago, I was on low fuel, and I burried the throttle just a tad. After I did that I thought I burned a plug up, I pulled them all out and they looked brand new. I replaced them and the problem went away.

As for the tuning, it sounds like it's a misfire in the ignition, if not, try having the load w/ failed maf table raised.

Seems to be running much better now.. with new plugs, and new coil packs..

I didn't notice any hesitation like I had before.

Travis

Back