Rules for Street Lightning

five0drw

Rules for Street Lightining

Ford Truck Performance Magazine STREET LIGHTNING / HARLEY DAVIDSON

All-run field. Open Comp format. Handicapped, Sportsman (Full)-Tree (.500) start for Ford Lightning and Harley Davidson trucks only, running 11.60 and slower. Full-chassis or back-half trucks not permitted. Delay boxes, throttle stops and other electronic bracket-racing devices used for the purpose of improving reaction time and ET is prohibited. Transbrake and two-step permitted. Drivers will make three qualifying passes. The quickest ET from the qualifying runs will be a racer's competition index throughout eliminations. A one-tenth breakout (1/10th) allowance is permitted in each round. Deep staging permitted.

The lowest qualifying ET permitted in the Street Lightning class is 11.60 any qualifying ET lower than 11.60 will be disqualified. There is no ET limit during eliminations. Competition will be regulated under standard NHRA "First or Worst" competition policy during qualifying and eliminations, in double redlight or double breakout situations.

*This class is designed for Ford Lightning and Harley Davidson trucks only. There are no specific rules to the class because this class is an Open Comp-style class. Follow the above description only.

I'm new to the whole track racing thing but would this be a good chance to see what the truck will do in the 1/4 w/o having to spend alot of money to get in?

Not really. It'll cost you $125 to get in and race. If you just want to see what it'll do, then just go to a t&t night at the closest track to you. That'll cost you about $15-30, depending on the track.

But then you won't have the whole WFC experience, which is part of the reason all of us go yr after yr, even if we get put out in the 1st round. So you are certainly welcome to join us and give it a try. I don't think you would be dissappointed.

Well I hope you guys realise if I decide to run it then I'm gonna need some help figuring out how to get it set up and everything.

Camaro_eater said:
Well I hope you guys realise if I decide to run it then I'm gonna need some help figuring out how to get it set up and everything.

You can go on a tuesday night at gateway for $15

Back