Roll pan question

T

Team FAST

My black '95 Lightning was recently rear ended on the way to work a couple of weeks ago. Damage is limited to my rear tube bumper and the tailgate. There was no structural damage. The tailgate repleacement is easy and straightforward (the local body shop can order a direct replacement from Ford. My old SVT emblem was not damaged). However, the tube bumper poses a bit of a problem; it is "No Longer Available" from Ford!! So now I am faced with either installing some kind of ugly step bumper, or a roll pan. Assuming I install a roll pan, I have some questions:

1. Which brand of roll pan fits best, and looks the best? (or which is the highest quality?)

2. I'm interested in doing the roll pan/hide-a-hitch installation, but it is my understanding that in order to install the hitch, the spare tire has to be removed from its stock location. Is there a way to accomplish this without relocating the spare?

3. Anyone have a black tube bumper in good condition for sale?

Thanks!
-erik
efrank@spindle.net

Erick: The tube bumpers are still available in red and white. They cost about $900 from ford, and you can get them powdercoated gloss black..it works great to keep the truck's original look.

Originally posted by DAVE94LIGHTNING:
Erick: The tube bumpers are still available in red and white. They cost about $900 from ford, and you can get them powdercoated gloss black..it works great to keep the truck's original look.

Do you happen to have a P/N? I've tried two differenent sources and they both tell me the same thing...NLA. However, I didn't see three separate P/N describing bumper color.

thanks,
-erik

correct me if i am wrong but i think those tube bumper's are a rancho part. they were for the ford desert race f150's. think they came in black and red. try that it has got to be cheaper than a dealer
smile.gif
just my 2 cents

------------------
Five0 Drw
nolc# 354
#63 "n" 95

I'll try to get you the part number. I actually think they were " SMITTY BUILT" bumpers as they say on the plastic end caps.

Back