Removing the Air Pump

R

RhinoRacn

Has anyone removed the air pump. I am wanting to clean up the area behind the battery. I am using the Bassani Off-Road X-Pipe, don't see any reason to keep all that in there. Motorsport makes a idler bracket (M-8604-A50) to replace the pump with, and that is what I plan on using. Has anyone done this, will it work and what problems might I have?

Shawn
NLOC #387
White 94 #2703

[This message has been edited by RhinoRacn (edited 06-11-2000).]

Yep, you can ditch everything associated with the pump... From the pump itself all the way back to the cat pipe and across the back of the heads and the stuff behind the battery and up by the radator,

Good luck!
Dave P.

Just did it this weekend the pump was not that hard but it is not easy eather,taking off the old pump was not to hard but all the pipes that are connected to it was a bear to get to and you eather have to cut the pipe that runs under the header or take the header off to get it out of the way,then you have to take off the top intake to get to the pipe on the back of the heads,hears a tip take off the pipe and get 2- 14mm oil drane plugs to put in the hole on back of
each head,it looks good under the hood when you get through.
tongue.gif

------------------
David Red'94#78

\
i have run a short belt bypassing the pump ..leaving the pump on.. but in time it will burn the other pipes up since they are not heat treated.. it helped on power..

Ok, Must Revisit This Subject AGAIN?!!
The ONLY Logical Reason Fo Removing The AIR System Is To Make Room. It HAS NO PERFORMANCE
ROBBING EFFECTS! Frankly, It Is A Serious Waste Of Time. Now, Building A Transducer To Fool The Computer Into Believing That The EGR Is Coming On Is More Worth It! But, I Guess If You Want To Fight The Downstream Air Tube, Crossover (Which Would Not Have To Be Removed
To Disable The AIR System) E,T,C, Go Ahead.

Enjoy.........

Do you have to plug up anything when you take it all off.My pump is still on but has nothing running to it and the noise is getting on my nerves hehe.
Lightning2strikes what size belt did you get to by pass the pump thanks.

------------------
Marcus Harrison
95Lightning
TeamPowerdyne

OK why is it that when I took my air pump off it picked my truck up in speed and ET,and the same happend when I did it to my mustang,and every magazane artical that I have read on the subject said that it was worth at lest 5 HP,I know that is not much but 5 HP is 5 HP!! All the pump is is a fan inside,when you turn a fan you loose HP.Bottom line is it is worth HP!!!

------------------
David Red'94#78

Back