[/URL][/IMG]
Matt%20phone%20stuff%20Jan%202015%20041_zpsrl0duapp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Matt%20phone%20stuff%20Jan%202015%20073_zpsfuvrploa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Matt%20phone%20stuff%20Jan%202015%20066_zpstylhsney.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Wax I will have to say that is one clean clean clean truck you have there. It is rare to see the original paint that glossy and the corners of the tube bumper is such great shape....still there and rust free. Clean interior and under carriage as well!! What more could one ask for? Low mileage too??!!
Good luck with the sale :)

Ok this hurts, but I've come to the realization that I made a mistake and bought way too clean/nice/rare of a truck to give to my kid for his 16th birthday..

Nice try.

As a father having been through those years already, I'm thinkin your kid got busted blowin joints with his friends and now you're taking his sweet ride away cuz you can't trust him".

Been there, don't that buddy.

Wax I will have to say that is one clean clean clean truck you have there. It is rare to see the original paint that glossy and the corners of the tube bumper is such great shape....still there and rust free. Clean interior and under carriage as well!! What more could one ask for? Low mileage too??!!
Good luck with the sale :)

Thanks Ed!!! Means a lot coming from ya! :tu

Nice try.

As a father having been through those years already, I'm thinkin your kid got busted blowin joints with his friends and now you're taking his sweet ride away cuz you can't trust him".

Been there, don't that buddy.

Hey Ron, LMAO at that! I think you'd have nailed it about 95% of the time, and it was certainly true about me as a young pup.....but this kid of mine hasn't hit that phase yet...must have a lot of momma's genes. The funny thing is he's grown up with me and my old man both being total gearheads and he really doesn't give 2 sh!ts about hotrods. He'd be just as happy with a $4500 reg F-150 with a 302 in it. This is where that whole "I just don't understand that kid" thing comes into play for me.. :headscratch:

Would you consider adopting an appreciative new 28 year old son, before you sell the truck? Haha

Joking aside GLWS, that is an immaculate truck!

must have a lot of momma's genes. The funny thing is he's grown up with me and my old man both being total gearheads and he really doesn't give 2 sh!ts about hotrods. He'd be just as happy with a $4500 reg F-150 with a 302 in it. This is where that whole "I just don't understand that kid" thing comes into play for me.. :headscratch:

Damn Matt, .....
We're bound to be brothers from another mother, because my 16yr old son is the EXACT same way.
Couldn't really care less about Hot-Rods.

My intent was to give him my white 94 L,......
BUT, that's changed. Getting ready to throw a 4-Sale sign on it and see about picking him up a an 08-12 Fusion.

I wish I hadn't opened this thread... Would I be COMPLETELY insane to buy this back??? I've missed this truck since you drove it away:(

Would you consider adopting an appreciative new 28 year old son, before you sell the truck? Haha

Joking aside GLWS, that is an immaculate truck!

Hold on there buddy Im much older than 28 so I got seniority I want to be adopted first and I promise I am and always will be a total gear head and will work on it anytime you want as long as I get the truck and I bring another 94 L to work on as well - all that would be missing is a Black one!! :thumbup:

Damn Matt, .....
We're bound to be brothers from another mother, because my 16yr old son is the EXACT same way.
Couldn't really care less about Hot-Rods.

Ain't it crazy!! I just don't get it.. I really can't complain about my boy, though. He's ridiculously cool, stays out of trouble, and plays the drums with ol' dad on guitar. Maybe they'll come around someday after they start driving??

If you look in my shop in one of those pics you can see my dad's '27 T-roadster. It's basically a 300+ hp go-kart and since I trailered it down here from NW Arkansas a few weeks ago the only family member who's willing to go for a ride in this chilly air is my 12 year old daughter! :blink:

The rest of you guys are hilarious! :thumbup:

I wish I hadn't opened this thread... Would I be COMPLETELY insane to buy this back??? I've missed this truck since you drove it away:(

Doug, I don't think you'd be insane at all! :D Truth be told, it actually drives better (shift points at part throttle and such) without the KB on it. And it runs on cheap gas now!

Anybody interested in a 1927 Ford T-roadster? I'll throw it in as a package deal for another $14,500 :) My dad built it and I drug it down here to FL to sell it for him. I figure there's a better market down here in sunny FL than where he is in NW Arkansas.
Spirit Industries frame rails and 'glass body. This is NOT a "mail-order" roadster and my dad does AMAZING work. All front suspension and steering is the original stuff from my '56 F-100 modified to fit this car. Has hand-formed steel body drops (look below the body seam) to really make the car look right. Get this.........has 1929 Bugatti headlights...........along with 1924 Nash sidemarkers (turn signals), 1931 Ford radiator shell, 1939 Ford tail-lights, 1950 Merc hubcaps on old Ford steel wheels, vintage Moon tachometer, vintage Stewart Warner "Wings" gauges, hidden panel for ignition/fan-swith/headlight switch mounted under the dash so the dash is completely clean, rear suspension is hairpins with coilovers, 9 inch rear w/3.25 gears. Powered by a 1968 "dirty-word" 327 with double-hump heads, pink rods, etc. and a TH-350 trans. Car only has a few hundred miles since completion.
Matt%20phone%20stuff%20Jan%202015%20098_zpsmdec5gmf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Matt%20phone%20stuff%20Jan%202015%20110_zpsycrqaj2q.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Wax you have some really nice rolling stock there buddy. Seeing your truck is giving me the Gen1 itch again. I'm doing some soul searching now. BTW, didn't you used to live in southern Cali?
Steve

Wax you have some really nice rolling stock there buddy. Seeing your truck is giving me the Gen1 itch again. I'm doing some soul searching now. BTW, didn't you used to live in southern Cali?
Steve

Hey Steve, yep I lived in OKC (still got my 405 cell #) when I bought my black '94 but the Navy moved us to San Diego and I sold the truck there. Since then we've been back to OKC for a couple years, up to Offutt AFB in Omaha NE for a few years, and now in Pcola FL. Hoping to finish out the Navy career here and will eventually have to find a real job...
Good to see you snoopin' in the Gen1 classifieds! I remember when you went turbo on yours and figured out the tuning for them and helped others out. If I'm not mistaken, you're one of the guys who bailed me out when I lived in San Diego and had some tweecer tuning/driveability gremlins with the black powerdyne'd truck.
Thanks for the comments on the rolling stock! :tu I REALLY like having a Gen1 in the fleet again but it's just the wrong one for a teenager and I can't justify keeping it for myself and having two hotrods. 27 years of history with the yellow truck so it will always come first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back