Quickest GEN1 1/4 Mile times-

Icepick said:

Nice Vid Jody... Your truck is "crazy"! :eek:ldtu:

Thanks. Let me tell you it is a bit intimidating having the blower sitting up in front of your face. you can really feel the weight of it in front of you. (probably the Dart Block too) But I wouldn't change it and I am not sorry I did it.

BUT if I didn't I would have went turbo. I just wanted to be different.

It still drives good on the street too. I just have to tone down the HP on the street.

Jody

Bump... 10.82 @ 123.69... 1.490 60'

I'll try to get a better launch pic for you... preferrably one w/o a redlight... And a link to the video as soon as I get it on some free video host somewhere...

Steve,

Jimmy Lightning ----- 2.222, 13.214@106.62 (93, Black) CIFTEMKWOQ*YTurbo

I need some tires.

I'll be back.

Jim

here is a new link to a 10 sec truck if you want to use it since all the old links to the gallery are ng anymore.
26572-85-31429.jpg

Icepick said:
Hi all,

New best for the silver brick...

1.544 60ft, 10.506 @ 129.87
:angry: :sigh: I guess I have to get to the track!

Congrats, Dave. Nice times!! post up the rest of your time slip.

my 60' is identical, 1/4 is off by 1/100 and 1 mph. I would like to compare the rest. what tires/ suspension, and how much boost were you running, what tranny and approx. rpm were you shifting at? you can pm me if you prefer.

Jody

Thanks guys! Yes this was with the twins...

Ya Jody, We could have a heck of race! The 1/8th was 6.738 @ 104.42

The tires are Hoosier slicks 29.5 11.5w threre about about 31" tall & 15" wide... C-6, 3.73 gear, 4 link, shift @ 6000, the boost was 15psi on the last run and 12psi on the first two passes...

Ralph, IF I can get it dead hook leaving at 10-12psi or so I think low 1.4's possably even a 1.39 could be possable... The only problem is like you know I have to sit of the brake so long to do that the reaction time sucks! In order to cut good lights I think I'm only going to be able to leave with a few pounds... I need a better hooking track, possably some suspension tweaks and more seat time to get it figured out...

Hey Jimmy, Nice move up! a converter and tires should get you into the 12.6 range with that MPH...

It's only right that I follow Dave's post with his Turbo race kit that I have on my truck. 10.24@138mph with a whopping 1.77 60ft

Ray

LGHTSPD said:
It's only right that I follow Dave's post with his Turbo race kit that I have on my truck. 10.24@138mph with a whopping 1.77 60ft

Ray

Oh Hell Yeah Ray!!! :tu: That mph is good for 9's Brother!

Congrats Ray on the nice times. I was wondering where you have been lately.
Looks like this is the year of turbo debut on Gen1's.

UPDATED!

LGHTSPD said:

Ray

Ray, That is rolling. The AJE will help you out a bit also. Sorry to see you had Tran's Problem's. Need to get that buttoned up WFC Is Fast Aproching. See you in St. Louie.

Bobby

Dave - Nice! I want to watch you make a run or two.

Ray - How did you beat Dave, using his kit?

NOTE: You 10-second club guys make me want to join the 11-second club, after I join the 12-second club.

Ok Ray, I'm comming after ya buddy! :D

New best tonight

1.51 60ft, 10.28 @ 132.29

Still spinning off the line... time to tweak the 4 link...

Dave

Back