Quick help with tune

Kyzer4689

Metal Head
im running pretty much stock, except for a few bolt ons the 5.0HO roller conversion, egr delete, smog pulled, full exhaust with h pipe, underdrives, LFP traction bars, MSD coil/cap an electric fan with struckbys kit. 1994 L 351W stock heads, C3P2 comp

I am still running the stock 19 injectors and currently dont have a wideband, i dont have the money at the moment for a full tune and just need some help to get started or have it running better then it does, it seems like the power is just not there sometimes, i would like to know what to change shift points to and stuff like that

i also have a set of 30lb injectors on the shelf, would it be good to install them without a supercharger? could i knock them down a little bit and have them run at say 24lbs?

also what is the code for the speed limiter, i want to take it off but then when its changed it just changes all the shifts and messes up my tune, i heard it was 127.5 or soemthing like that

i guess i just need a ball park tune.

Leave the 19's in it.

As for the shift points, you are just going to have to experiment. With the stock heads I don't think you need to raise the shift points more than a couple hundred rpm.

Under scalars change your speed limiter and speed limiter oci hys both to 127.5

Have your adjusted your timing at all?

not yet i havent advanced it, the 19's are enough for this setup right now? what would tell me that the shifts are good

Yes the 19's are enough. You have not maxed them out yet. You may need to add more fuel with the Tweecer though.

As for the shift points you are just going to have to go by feel, track testing, or dyno testing.

If the truck is bone stock, I usually remove 3% from the base open fuel tables. Striving for 13.3 WOT A/F. Make sure you verify with a wideband.
I hope to get my FAQ's back up when I return from my trip.

Back