Q? regarding harness bar

SBMotorsports

Berm Jumper
1st off, nice bar, thanks for making them. Now, I am a bit slow sometimes and I am having trouble figuring out how the stock belt attachment attaches back on the bolt. It doesn't seem to fit in front of the bar bracket, or behind the bar bracket. How does it attach? Thanks,

Stan B

Are you trying to put the stock seatbelts back on while the bar is still there? I don't think it was designed for that, but I could be wrong.

Daniel

The bar was not really designed for the stock buckle and the bar to be there.But if you want there should be enough room to drill a hole forward on the bracket and use a thru bolt for the factory harness.This bar was intended for "off road" use.Stan
PS Stan are the hoops centered?I used a reg f150 for the mock up thinking it had the same seat location but it does not[thats what I get for thinking]

Thanks for the reply Stan, yea that makes sense. I didn't really intend to use it on the street, but just thought the original belts would somehow attach to keep them from flopping around. I may drill a hole and use a clip of some sort to keep them from moving around whill on the track. The bar does fit ok, and the hoops are just a little off center, but not enough to be an issue. I'll be back at Thunderhill on 4/14 so I am looking forward to trying it out and staying a bit more planted in the seat. Thanks,

StanB

Back