Project truck prequil or just another custom gen 2...

Been a while, playing with my gen 1 and i stumbled onto this 2001 L with a 79 body. Something I always wanted to do make a 79 lightning. Its rough and a high mileage donor but im working my way through it sorting out issues and bringing it up to snuff. When i remember how to post pics here I will get this updated. I think if i remember right i need to store them off site and link them in.

anyway, I will get that done and probably start another post here specific to some concerns i have with the high mileage drive train and some rough running issues, nothing tragic but it does go through little fits of missing then cleans up and runs pretty well. More later

Bottom line is a 79 lightning a prequel, a re bodied second gen or just cobbled up stuff? I see they have a catagory for fictional 3rd gen lightnings but nothing for fictional pre first gens...

Off to work on the photo thing...

- - - Updated - - -

AF1QipNs3jc70xEVoEUcl6pefcJO9ILM55aIwyMpPVli

Last edited:
Welcome! I am doing similar project on a gen2 chassis, too with some goodies.

If it clears up after running a bit, it is hinting a grounding/battery issue. Try looking into all of your grounds on the truck and the battery cable. Occasionally the battery cable from the battery tray to the starter will touch the header and causes issue.

LMK, if that the issue, I am pretty sure; I have an extra battery cable. I can sell you.

Other possibility is coil packs, is it OEM motorcraft ones? Aftermarket ones always sucks.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipN4WY_BJT6CfJwft1pYEemiBOx16C0UNDDUoOiX

Still struggling to remember how to post pictures here. Making a little progress on it, cats were pretty well plugged up, still have a stumble in the 0 boost/vacuum range. seems to run well in vacuum or under boost but gets a little bumpy in the nether region. I probably need to run a compression check first to make sure what is happening but im finally getting to drive it a bit and see whats what anyway.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipN4WY_BJT6CfJwft1pYEemiBOx16C0UNDDUoOiX

Still struggling to remember how to post pictures here. Making a little progress on it, cats were pretty well plugged up, still have a stumble in the 0 boost/vacuum range. seems to run well in vacuum or under boost but gets a little bumpy in the nether region. I probably need to run a compression check first to make sure what is happening but im finally getting to drive it a bit and see whats what anyway.

A lot of folks use Tapatalk if you are a mobile user, posting pics is easy that way.

Back