Project Farm Truck, again.

Bootleggers DLX

Shifts Happen
Hello everyone, it's been a while!

I once had a truck that, while very unassuming, i love it very much. I called it the Farm truck. I started doing mods to it, before a rusty frame ended my fun. here was my thread from way back then, when i had the farm truck.

http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/showthread.php/211408-Project-Farm-Truck/page3

Anyway, when i sent my truck away, i ended up pulling every useable part off of it, going down south, and buying a 92 F250 2wd, which was a straight, rust free chassis and cab, and i stacked all of the parts from farm truck in there, along with all of the parts i have gathered along the way.

It's time get started on building.

Here's where the truck was, as of a month ago. The topper isnt staying, its just there to keep all my parts dry.

tOGa8uHl.jpg

BaWm2kel.jpg

And so i started tearing down, getting some of the things i didnt need out of the way. things like front clip, the locked up windsor, and the E4OD.

WH0DaCLl.jpg

lLsMzd7l.jpg

QObDGnAl.jpg

HDpFSYwl.jpg

There, that's a bit better. now i can work.

The plan before was to build a roller cam 351W, not stock but not too crazy, and put a ZF5 trans ( which i have procured) into the truck, lower it with some beams and a shackle kit, and do some paint and bodywork, change the interior color to grey, and daily drive it. I tore down the windsor i had, and went to the local machinist to talk about some machine work...

lqbn3tzl.jpg

I came home with this. a roller block 351W, someone had built, but never came to pick up. It has forged pistons, its been bored .030", zero decked, and has a few other tricks. It also came with a set of HEAVILY worked over E7 heads with new valves, springs, and other assorted goodies. For $1500, i couldn't turn it down.

So, now my first few questions are simple. I need to ditch the cam that was put into this built engine, its a dirt track grind that likes to live at 7000 rpms, and doesnt even wake up until 4000 rpms. I am planning on going with a roller cam, i am open to suggestions. I don't mind a bit of lope at idle, but i want the truck to have somewhat decent street manners.

Also, all my research is saying that the Speed Density fuel system just isnt going to cut it for my needs. I've been looking at mass air setups, but really, am i better off just doing a standalone, drop on top of a carbed intake fuel injection system, one that self learns?

since you are using a manual trans, perhaps you could consider using the Stinger Performance speed density PIMPxs(MS3)? they also make a version that's batch fire. it can self-learn. it is supposed to handle cams that oem speed density wouldn't. it has some very appealing capabilities. do a search on here, there's an active thread on it and from what i've read several people on here are very familiar with it. or you could possibly select a sd friendly cam and keep the stock eec4, but to my knowledge you would need to change some trans scalars in the tune from e4od to manual trans.

I'm actually thinking of going even more agressive than that, and looking at a "drop on top" self learning standalone EFI. but i will definitely look into that Stinger performance.

I definitely dont want to limit myself by the stock EFI standards.

Back