Pretty cool weekend

Brian K

Well, a quick interesting story:

So this past Friday was the G3 concert in Wash DC. As normal, I scored some tickets and went with a friend from work. Paul Gilbert, John Petrucci and Joe Satriani were the players.

Event #1 > On tuesday I get an email from satriani.com that I won the Meet-n-Greet passes for after Fridays show. Sweet!!! Get a chance to meet Satch. Can't beat that!

Event #2 > I got a phone call from some old Lightning owners that I hadn't seen since.....The last G3 concert a few years ago in DC. Turns out they also had tickets and were going to meet us there.

So all in all, it was an awesome concert!! Paul Gilbert is incredible. Dave Larue and Mike Portnoy just made Petruccis set.

Afterwards we hung out, got to meet Dave Larue (bassist for Joe, formerly Kansas and Dixie Dreggs), Jeff Campitelli (Drummer for Joe) and Joe. Some fun chat and an autograph and off we went to the Metro.

Anyway, just thought it was a story worth sharing.

It's off to New Jersey next weekend......

They were all an awesome bunch of guys, very down to earth and "normal".

That sounds like a lot of fun Brian. I've only been here for a few months and I already miss you guys. I may have to take some leave some time in between training cycles and come up there for an event or a meet or something...

Back