Predator Fuel Mileage Tune?

Anybody have a predator tune for fuel mileage they would be willing to share? I will be take a bit of a road trip in the next few weeks, and any help at the pump would be nice. I just have basic mods, will probably be going back to my 3lb or stock pulley too.

Anybody have a predator tune for fuel mileage they would be willing to share? I will be take a bit of a road trip in the next few weeks, and any help at the pump would be nice. I just have basic mods, will probably be going back to my 3lb or stock pulley too.

The canned Predator tunes are already setup to increase fuel economy, about the only other way you will get any more increase is with a custom fuel economy tune.

my 2000 truck made better mileage stock than i ever have after minor mods, fresh air, programmer and 90 mm maf . it is very hard to do but the only way i get good mileage is to drive slower. like i said this is hard to do and dont happen often. a while back i took a 400mile trip and got around 15 mpg running 85 ,to 95 the whole trip. in the past i have made the same trip at 65 the whole way and made 19.7 mpg. when i did the trip at 65 mph it was also at night so that made it easier to travel at 65,because the speeding tickets cost a lot more at night where i live but most of the time i cant do it. gas mileage was never a concern to me in the past but now that it is 3.50 a gallon in my area it is hurting the wallet. i have thought about trying the predator 87 octane tune,but still using the 91 octane gas and see if that helped.91 octane is the highest in my area and that is all i have ever run.

I know the thread is old but, just wondering about this also, isn't most tunes really only affect WOT fuel and timing, and all cruising fuel economy is controlled by the O2 sensors, like for example if you add global fuel in the tuner won't the computer just pull it out in the long term fuel trim?? And about the premium, with a 20 gallon fillup it is only 4 dollars more per tank, wow that breaks the bank!, and I did the math If you got 15mpg with premium($3.20) it would cost you 21.3 cents/mile and if you got 14mpg with 87octane(3.00) it would cost you 21.4cents/mile. As far as gas mileage goes it all about timing, I saw a small increase I added 2 degrees global timing and removed 2 degrees from all the wot tables. But I am just asking if I am right about how the computer pulls fuel with the O2 sensors.

I know the thread is old but, just wondering about this also, isn't most tunes really only affect WOT fuel and timing, and all cruising fuel economy is controlled by the O2 sensors, like for example if you add global fuel in the tuner won't the computer just pull it out in the long term fuel trim?? And about the premium, with a 20 gallon fillup it is only 4 dollars more per tank, wow that breaks the bank!, and I did the math If you got 15mpg with premium($3.20) it would cost you 21.3 cents/mile and if you got 14mpg with 87octane(3.00) it would cost you 21.4cents/mile. As far as gas mileage goes it all about timing, I saw a small increase I added 2 degrees global timing and removed 2 degrees from all the wot tables. But I am just asking if I am right about how the computer pulls fuel with the O2 sensors.

The Predator tunes modify ALL areas of fuel and timing, not just WOT. While the fuel during cruise etc... is controlled by the o2's there are other ways of manipulating it :) Thus giving our fuel economy increases.

Back