Pre-production supercharger set-up??

joedpl

Found this on eBay a little while ago. Non-functional supercharger. Pictures on the listing showed subtle differences between this setup and the production models, so i bought it. Let me know if you guys have any ideas of the truck that this setup came off of, I'm just curious of the history and thought I'd see if anyone recognized these parts.

ahymege4.jpg
venegyve.jpg
ame4anyd.jpg
uvemahat.jpg
ype3y4y4.jpg
me8a7edy.jpg
re5avaza.jpg
tahapamu.jpg

"Mock-up" written inside the supercharger in sharpie.

Here's the lower intake manifold, intercooler and idler bridge

ygetyzut.jpg

ve5ugy5u.jpg

ajasuty9.jpg

ygy5a5ab.jpg

su8uvema.jpg

y9upa2a4.jpg

uhy7u2y8.jpg

ny8a6e7a.jpg

"Display Unit"
ypyqy3a8.jpg

2a3umuby.jpg

anagyzus.jpg

tubavuve.jpg

unuze2yj.jpg

7urasa2y.jpg

gymazade.jpg

bama5emu.jpg

ge7u4eju.jpg

Last edited:
Or does anyone know someone I can contact to find out information. I tried calling Eaton with the info on the build plate on the side of the supercharger but the engineer just laughed and said that the Lightning was "ancient history" and left it at that. So they were less than helpful.

Or does anyone know someone I can contact to find out information. I tried calling Eaton with the info on the build plate on the side of the supercharger but the engineer just laughed and said that the Lightning was "ancient history" and left it at that. So they were less than helpful.

Get a hold of Jim D'Amore at JDM Engineering in NJ. That set up looks like something he used to have.

What did you find out?

He said it was definitely Pre-production. 1 of 6 made and 1 of those 6 was cut up to check metal thicknesses . Since it appears this unit was never ran on an engine (no coolant or carbon deposits) it was probably used to check clearances (firewall, hood, ect.) or airflow. He told me so much that I wish I had recorded the conversation. Jim is going to lookup the serial number off the supercharger in his old paperwork to let me know more.

If you're reading this Jim, I just want to thank you for taking the time to talk to me.

Back