powerdyne

F

five0drw

Thinking about using a bd 11a, with 11 lb pulley that will make 9 lbs of boost on my gen 1. do i need to change all of my pulley's back to stock or just the crank one.If crank only does anyone have one lying around. Does the by-pass tube help can i keep my fuel pressure regulator hooked up and still use the fmu or do i have to remove it also. the chip that comes with the unit do i have to use it or can i use the one i already have it helps the shift and speed limit. Last but not lease will i have to use a btm to drop timing as boost come's in. any input will help.

------------------
Five0 Drw
nolc# 354
#63 "n" 95

[This message has been edited by five0drw (edited 06-09-2000).]

[This message has been edited by five0drw (edited 06-09-2000).]

Thats the setup I run. The underdrive crank pulley has to go the powerdyne crank pulley is an exact same thing as the stock lower crank pulley. So one will fit inside the other. You can keep the other pulleys on the other acessories, but you might need a bigger belt.
With the 2.7"(11psi) pulley, I make about 7.5 to 8lbs of boost on an otherwise stock motor, you should expect the same.
Bypass valve is a good idea, Sparkman hooked me up with a poor mans bypass, I can post you with the info and part # it costs about $25.
You keep your stock fuel pressure unit so your truck will run stock pressure when not in boost. The FMU comes into play as your engine comes into boost.
No chip is necessary, I run 10 degrees initial and have a Crane Boost retard, this system works great.
Also, make sure you get an inline aux. fuel pump. a 200lph unit is included in the Powerdyne Kit.
And finally, the best price I found was $1945 from Powered By Ford. That price included Blower and all hardware and brackets ect. fuel pump, Hobbs switch and relay and fuse , FMU, Fuel lines to go to the FMU and fuel rail ect. A shift kit too.

------------------
94 Crimson.
NLOC member #343
Team Powerdyne, 8psi,bypass
Still waiting for dyno run and 1340

Thats the setup I run. The underdrive crank pulley has to go the powerdyne crank pulley is an exact same thing as the stock lower crank pulley. So one will fit inside the other. You can keep the other pulleys on the other acessories, but you might need a bigger belt.
With the 2.7"(11psi) pulley, I make about 7.5 to 8lbs of boost on an otherwise stock motor, you should expect the same.
Bypass valve is a good idea, Sparkman hooked me up with a poor mans bypass, I can post you with the info and part # it costs about $25.
You keep your stock fuel pressure unit so your truck will run stock pressure when not in boost. The FMU comes into play as your engine comes into boost.
No chip is necessary, I run 10 degrees initial and have a Crane Boost retard, this system works great.
Also, make sure you get an inline aux. fuel pump. a 200lph unit is included in the Powerdyne Kit.
And finally, the best price I found was $1945 from Powered By Ford. That price included Blower and all hardware and brackets ect. fuel pump, Hobbs switch and relay and fuse , FMU, Fuel lines to go to the FMU and fuel rail ect. A shift kit too.

------------------
94 Crimson.
NLOC member #343
Team Powerdyne, 8psi,bypass
Still waiting for dyno run and 1340

ss you can e -mail me with that bypass tube# and the hidden hitch number. thanks!

------------------
Five0 Drw
nolc# 354
#63 "n" 95

donald if you do run this set up let me know
how it works out for you wil you ??? i've
been thinking about getting rid of the juice
and doing something along those lines..
thanks steve
red93#4347
nloc#284

sure thing steve. i get enough of the bottle thing with the car. i have two system's in it and only 6 bottle's at 3;50 a lb get's kind of expensive. sorry it took sso long to reply been busy. ok take it easy are you going to the cyber brawl or just the tenn svo thing? talk at you later....

------------------
Five0 Drw
nolc# 354
#63 "n" 95

Hey Ill be at both myself guys.Tenn and Ky.Ill look for ya.

------------------
Marcus Harrison
95Lightning
NLOC#495
TeamPowerdyne

kool. team "p" i will see you there dont think the blower will be on for cyber brawl but looks good for the tenn show. is the cyber brawl only sat?

------------------
Five0 Drw
nolc# 354
#63 "n" 95

I think it is a one day only event in bowling green.Where are you coming from?

------------------
Marcus Harrison
95Lightning
NLOC#495
TeamPowerdyne

i will be comming from e-town off 210 then to 65 south. i will be visiting my mom. the trip will start from kansas city mo down I-70. i talked to you a wfc. i had the black 95 fl tags 'run4it' clear tail lights.

------------------
Five0 Drw
nolc# 354
#63 "n" 95

[This message has been edited by five0drw (edited 06-23-2000).]

Back