Potential Race

Spencedaddy

$pencedaddy
My friend just acquired an 05 RX8 automatic
and another friend is running a 199X BMW 318is 5 speed

and i'm wondering what my chances are, this is going to go down legitimately, as in at the strip possibly, and the goal is to put me in the least amount of danger/potential of legal action

i've got CAI, timing, weight reduction and thats really it

both are stock, bone stock

i'll be filming the race somehow and doing it well so it will be a legitimate video

i think i can handle the Bimmer pretty easy, but what are you guys feelin on my RX8 chances

sorry spence, but i think there both gonna take ya. i had an 05 rx8, quick little bastard. and the bimmer, if its a late 90s they get up and move too. both are high reving, and your heavier.
good luck

i think if i do a VB and clean my throttle body, along with an ice cold intake i might have the BMW spanked, i think i can take it now actually

that RX8 could be an issue though..i may have to do something more extravagant...perhaps underdrives, the moates, and some luck

Chance against the Beamer, but a little less of a chance against the rx. I think a stock RX8 runs to sixty around 6 sec or less. Still ya never know someone could miss a shift and a win is a win.

just a btw, i got into a tiff on the freeway with an rx8 and beat it from about 55 to 75 or 80

he laughed when i downshifted, and then he stopped laughing very quickly

he beat me the second time from 85 to 90 something though

it was silly, i bet he felt horrible haha

Back