Plans

What is everyones plans with their lightning's? I am still trying to figure out what I want to do to mine. I know I want a supercharger and some e fans though.

Keith

I'm looking at the FTVB, intake and exhaust. I wiant to keep it simple for now. I still have that fear of spitting out a plug

I blew mine up drag racing, so now I have dropped about 13 to 14 grand on a built motor, heads, cams, trans, and converter. I hope to be near the low 11s. :D

I wish I had the money too. But my wife and I are both military and don't have any kids, just three dogs. Plus she is an E-5 and I'm an E-6 about to pin on 7 so I guess the $7,500.00 loan I took out (so I could do it all at once) will be paid off soon. :tu:

I was at Camp Greeves from March of 94 to March of 95. It was quite a turbulent time, Kim Ill Sung died and Kim Jung Ill took over North Korea and to make things worse Chief Hall got caught spying on N.Korea in his OH-58 helicopter and was shot down. He died but his co-pilot live. I think I spent all in all about 6 months in a bunker with live ammo there waiting for war to break out.

Seems like I'm gonna have to just buckle down and try to figure out what is going on with the tranny. And the only thing I need/want is some rancho bars for it and a 3/4 drop kit... thats it for now

Woody, this is my second time here. I got here in July 1998 and left here July 1999. It seems like I remember a sub being found and all the crew were dead. I can't believe this is my second tour here in Korea in 6 years.

Venomos, It is good to actually see another gen 1 owner here. I still haven't got rancho's yet either. But for Christmas my wife said she bought me a pro m mass air conversion kit.

Well, I'm up at Mountain Home AFB. Not too far from Hill. Actually I bought my Lightning from an undercover cop there in Roy, right next to Hill. Maybe one day, we could hook up somewhere when ya get back. Still gotta get my Paxton re-built still. And SNOW SUCKS !!!!!!

That sounds like a plan. Maybe meet in the middle and go to one of the car shows around the area. Ken Woodward (sp) is also from the salt lake area. He probably knows of some that are around.

Just got my FASTair and FTVB today, plan on installing them tomorrow. Ordering headers, Bassani catback, Predator, 4lb pulley, and possibly a heat exchanger next paycheck... So much to do...

Thomas

Well.... Plans have been put on hold for me. I blew a head gasket yesterday ;c ;c ;c . So, I'm kinda bummed out. The Paxton blower is done finally and now this happens. I HATE COLD WEATHER !!!!! Seems the gasket cracked, split or whatever it does, from the water jacket to the piston. Had it dyed to find out where the coolant was going. Right out the exhaust. So I'm getting the heads checked to make sure they are ok and springs checked also. I'm wondering since this thing is apart to put a cam in it or not..... Hmmmm... Decisions let me tell ya....

My head gasket is leaking, so while I have the heads off I plan to have some work done to the truck. I am going to have the heads ported, Anderson Motorsport stage two cams, JLP valves and new Mod Max valve springs put in. That is just for starters. I made my own wish list and lets just say that I will have a lot of honey dos to make it up to my wife. About $10K worth. One part at a time I guess or do what Woody did and take out a loan for it all at once. I am so impatient.
:D

Trevis

Back