Pictures of New Engine

Looking good. Did you install it with the exhaust attached like that or was it just for show?

Did you hurt your old motor or is this and upgrade?

Looking good. Did you install it with the exhaust attached like that or was it just for show?

Did you hurt your old motor or is this and upgrade?

I had to purchase the Bassani X-pipe since the other one was damaged. I installed it on the engine before putting it on the truck for fitment. I took it off before putting the engine in the truck.

The other engine had low oil pressure and sounded like it may be loose. This new one is a downgrade since the original F4TE engine had TFS heads installed. My new engine is a 1991 F-150 engine with E7TE 5.0 liter heads with bigger valves and port work. I ported the headers where the primaries are welded to the flanges. The GT40 lower has been ported slightly and 100 grit polish. I am using the same stock cam out of the Lightning engine so it will work with the stock SD fuel injection. I want this truck to be durable and reliable. It still has the full Bassani exhaust, 4.56:1 gears, shift kit, functional ram air, under drive pullies (I put them back on after the pictures were taken).

This new engine has been no problem at all. It turned over and fired on the first try. It is quiet and has great oil pressure. You can hear all the injectors firing. It is a tight engine and I am very pleased with the results!

Good deal, glad its fired right up for you. Did you ever get your transmission sorted out? I know a guy but you would have to haul it to Liberty, IN

Back