Paul, help, Iam not happy with my truck's ET

Jagged Edge

Your basic transportation
I know it's hot ( 90degrees) but after putting on the electric fan, Cobra R waterpump and 170 thermostat I would not expect a slower et than before given the same outside temp as before the mod.
I turned a lousey 13.408/102.8, 60ft 1.962, 1/8 8.615/82.57.
After all these mods listed below all I get is a 13.408? What gives?

JDM SuperChip Flip Chip (J49/J69),
Boost By-Pass, JDM Cool Air Intake, JDM 4# pulley w/ cage, NGK TR5 Plugs, Factory Tech Valve Body, 4x4 Trans Pan, Electric Fan, Cobra R Water Pump, 160 Degree Thermostat, Truck Traks and oil breather cap.

I use the truck as a daily driver and I don't want to tune it to blow-up but a 12.9 ET would be nice. I would think with the mods I have it should be posible, don't you think?
Please Paul, not that you do, but you should know no bullsh*t is what really gets my business. I know bullsh*t when I hear it, believe me I heard it all.
Hope you can help me.
Thanks
Ron

Last edited:
Ron
Please call the shop so your tuning needs can be discussed, I think we need to go more in depth then what an e-mail allows.
Paul
954-917-9200

Spoke to the tuner

Well they got back to me about my problem and told me to change to a 170 degree thermostat from the 160 and I should see the ET's I want. The 160 was a typo I am running a 170. How is a thermostat 10 degrees hotter going to cut 1/2 second off my ET, really. :eek:
I will put in the TR6's next week and try it. I'll let you know how I did and we can plan the next steps.
Thanks
Ron

Ron

I am sure with Pauls help you will get into the 12's

Temp isn't the only thing that effects your e/t's you have to figure in humidity and barimetric pressure. Once you get some higher pressure, and a little cooler air you will go quicker.

Also track prep is important too. Where I race when the prep the track propperly it is one of the fastest tracks in the country, but tonight the prep was so bad that no one was getting any traction.

Now please don't laugh at me. Tonight I ran a 13.1 - I normally run high 11's or low 12's. So don't feel so bad, if I can run that much slower, your times were prob because of weather or track prep.

I agree with Paul the TR6's are a better plug for the mods you have.

Back