Panhard installed. :)

thepawn

Thanks to CaptO's help, I finally got my panhard bar installed today. (note to self, it is silly to order parts in winter when you don't have a garage)

I don't know if it was the bar or the extra 150lbs of springs/tools I had in the back of my truck, but things felt more solid on the way home. :)

We were SO close with getting the shocks and springs on, but no matter how we trying banging that upper arm piece with a rubber mallet we could not get the ball-joint to seperate. I'm going to have a shop do it next weekend instead.

Pete was surprised at the size (or lack there of) of my front springs from Roush, according to their website its a 3/3.5 drop for a standard F150, so that should make me 2/2.5 less... unfornately, I have no clue what the spring rate is.

Daniel

thepawn said:
We were SO close with getting the shocks and springs on, but no matter how we trying banging that upper arm piece with a rubber mallet we could not get the ball-joint to seperate. ...
Thats what happens when you don't have a ball joint seperater. You get a new excuse to go up to sears :D

And yes for anyone wondering : I have the hotchkis front springs which lowered my front about 1", and they were a little shorter then stock. The roush springs are short! That was my first comment on them, on a lighter note the blue color is perty:tu:

My big test is this one curve on a road that I hit when I sometimes drive to the office...its a sweeping left turn that over time (from heavy trucks) has pretty much turned into a washboard.

Before my panhard install, when I would hit it going quick, you could feel the backend skip and then get a wiggle when you hit the smooth pavement after it...today it just felt solid...sweet.

Daniel

Back