oxidation

MO351

You're getting sleepy....
What do ya'll use to get off oxidation? I just bought a Red 95 Mustang GT and the paint is oxidized pretty bad. Probably never seen much of a wax job since new (though only 77,000 miles on it). The car is turning a bit of a copper color. The front left fender has been repainted from having been keyed so you can see what the color is supposed to be like. The paint around the taillights is horrible. What can I do? How can I get the color back?

I USED TO HAVE THIS SAME PROBELM AS SO MANY OLE 93 GEN 1 OWNERS DID.

I USED A MOTHERS CLEANER, THEN A POLISH, AND THEN A WAX. IT IS BASICALLY LIKE WAXING THE THING THREE TIMES IN A ROW. THE FIRS CLEANS DOWN TO THE PAINT, THE SECOND MAKES THE OLD PAINT SHINE AND CLEARS OUT OXIDATION, OR IS DID FOR ME, AND THE LAST ONE PROTECTS IT. I WILL ADMIT IT DID NOT LAST MORE THAN SAY SIX MONTHS SO GET YOUR BUFFING ARM READY AND START SAVING UP FOR PAINT, OR PUT IT UP FOR SALE RIGHT AFTER YOU POLISH THE BEAST.

JUST MY LIL .02

BISHOP

i would paint the bezels around the taillights black like a saleen. on the oxidation i would say let someone with buffing skills go at it with some mild abrasive

Back