Outdoor truck over

SVT1116

Howdy all,

I’m looking for a weatherproof outdoor truck cover that hugs the mirrors. Does anyone in here have and brands or knowledge of this. Thanks.

Lol both my lightnings are outside under a carport. Only thing in my garage is my side by side haha. Can't work on my E85 cold starts if it's in the garage...

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Howdy all,

I’m looking for a weatherproof outdoor truck cover that hugs the mirrors. Does anyone in here have and brands or knowledge of this. Thanks.
What is it, exactly, you’re wanting?

Something to last a season or two, maybe three?

Something that’ll last for years?

What elements are you wanting protection from … sun, rain, snow, everything?

I‘m asking cuz I‘ve owner the gamut … super cheap, super expensive, waterproof, weatherproof, indoor, outdoor.

I’m thinking I might be able to make recommendations in all of those categories.

I‘m asking cuz I‘ve owner the gamut … super cheap, super expensive, waterproof, weatherproof, indoor, outdoor.

I’m thinking I might be able to make recommendations in all of those categories.
I would be interested to hear what your recommendations are for all of those.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

What I found is that even under a decent cover (this probably doesn't apply if you're also under a carport, though), you get a lot of surface rust and oxidation on this like mild steel fasteners, which disappointed me.

I've always been worried about the abrasion from the cover moving.
It may not 'scratch' the paint but I assume it will scuff all up.

Im looking for couple seasons until i get my addition with garage started. Protected from everything outside all 4 seasons. after that then it will be a garage baby again

Im looking for couple seasons until i get my addition with garage started. Protected from everything outside all 4 seasons. after that then it will be a garage baby again
That being the case, I’ll suggest you go shopping at Amazon … no seriously.

There are fully water-proof and weather-proof covers (with mirror pockets) that can be had for anywhere from about $40 to less than $100. Depending on what you find and what you spend, maybe buy two.

The brand … which is going to be something you’ve never heard of before … doesn’t matter cuz, they’re all pretty much the same regardless.

I‘ve owned and used two of these over the years. They were about $39 each, as I recall, and I friggin loved them. Totally water proof (summers in FL as you can imagine), almost like a raincoat for your car. Lined as well.

Mine would last maybe a year to a year and a half, in the FL sun, before they started to deteriorate, but I’m as anal-retentive as they come when comes to keeping my car covered every day when I’m at the office … that’s why I say maybe buy two.

And if you’re wanting this for just a couple of seasons, I’m thinking you’ll likely be quite pleased.

Back