online machine shop that fab parts from customer's cad design

bobwhite

in the recent past, there was a thread in the Gen1 forum in which an online company was mentioned that machined simple parts for customers from the customer's part design using a simple cad program supplied by the online machine shop. price and quality was good and comments were positive about the company. anyone know the company i'm trying to descibe? did some searching on here to no avail. i believe FMOS Racing mentioned he had used them with good results. thanks.

Sendcutsend..... but i believe Travis on here ( flatout) can do it also... id rather support a small, one man company like Travis.

Yes, Sendcutsend. If it's just a simple, flat, steel part, that's where Travis will direct you as well (that's why I used them, I needed a simple mild steel exhaust flange). But if you need something 3D milled out of aluminum, Travis can certainly help you out.

It's also darn nice to build a relationship with a local machine shop. Quoted prices will be higher, but you'll often get nicer work and lower prices if you can accept "we'll do it when we get a free hour"

ok, thank you both for your responses.
Bob honestly you could save yourself some coin and find a local guy. I did a quick search on Facebook and Craig’s list and found a guy 15 minutes from me. He is cool, and fair priced.

Bob honestly you could save yourself some coin and find a local guy. I did a quick search on Facebook and Craig’s list and found a guy 15 minutes from me. He is cool, and fair priced.
When I mean local I mean a guy in his garage burning steel on a 4x4 or 4x8 table.

Nice mix of "local guy" and "Machine shop" is find your local metalworkers hobby group. There's likely a good mix and folks are often willing to help out with below "list" prices even if they are doing the work at a "real" shop.

Back