Old (12 years) Drive shaft loop

fenderken

Hey guys, Ken Woodward here from Utah. Does anyone out there have any pics of the drive shaft loop install on the big heavy one that was out there years ago? I remember buying it thru a catalog, but can't remember which one. I know they were affiliated somehow with the NLOC. Thanks, Ken

Hey Ken ! Scott here. Vern (screen name Vern) used to make them years ago. I have one on my '95 (actually my wife's truck) but no pics of it. I think if you search driveshaft hoop (or loop) in the Gen 1 section you may come across some threads that have pics at least of the hoop itself if not installed.

Yep, it's a hefty piece but mostly just bolted up on a crossmember underneath.

;k

Drive shaft loop

Yea, I went on the Gen 1 site hoping just that. Nothing there. I know someone did an install process on this, but it's been a while. Seems like I remember there having to be a mod done somewhere to get it to work. I guess I'll find out for myself. Ken

Drive shaft loop

Mine is the one from Downs. I installed it yesterday. I had to do a small mod on one of the braces to make it fit past my Flowmaster mufflers that are stacked right there. It worked out great. We ran the truck at the Salt Flats Saturday. it turned in a 145.7 maxed out with the overdrive. It felt like i was going about 55 out there. Ken

We ran the truck at the Salt Flats Saturday. it turned in a 145.7 maxed out with the overdrive. It felt like i was going about 55 out there. Ken

Holy smokes Ken, that sounds like fun!

Glad to see you got her put back together and having fun with her again.

Back