Offroad x pipe

S

S351

I recently picked up a Bassani off road H pipe for my 95 lightning. I was wondering if anyone had one installed and if they saw any difference in power. Also how loud will it be?(it still has the stock mufflers)

I dont know if it gave me anymore power or not I think it did some.But it did make it sound alot better deeper and louder.I ran it like that with the stock mufflers for about a year.Then I put Flowmasters on and cut off the factory pipes right at the flowmasters.Sounds all that now.Later

------------------
Marcus Harrison
95Lightning
NLOC#495
TeamPowerdyne

S351, where did you purchase your x-pipe? And if you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for it? I'm planning on getting one and was curious where some people were getting theirs from. thanks!

------------------
Sam Sells
White '95 #1325

There is a definate increase in power. I dynoed mine before and after and picked up 22+ horsepower with the off road x pipe. Mine is louder( wayyyyy louder) but i have race magnum bullets which explain the sound
smile.gif

with the off-road x-pipe, does it affect the computer in anyway? my truck is totally stock with the exception of 12 degrees timing. I don't want to get a surging idle if i go with the X-pipe.

------------------
Jorge R.
1995 lightning black #56
produced: 12/20/94

I just received a quote from Houston Motorsports for the Bassani X-pipe w/o cats, $245 plus shipping. That is the best price I have found. Anyone found it any cheaper?

I almost had a local pipe bender do a cut and patch job. I have decided to keep the stock piece intact for future emission testing if needed.

Back