Official WFC 2005 Post

If you guys read this once you get to STL, good luck and good racing to all.

ralph and dennis, it was good to meet you all. i would have liked to help you guys out on detailing the '93 and talked with you more but the girlfriend came along at the last minute so i had to entertain her as well.

you two had better show up at lightningfest this fall, dem should be some fun times.

Well, I'm the first one home I guess, which isn't good. I went out first round with a horrendous redlight:hh: Jeff won first round and the big block was hooking up well. I will let him give yout he exact numbers but his big a$$ grin tells the story. Ralph was running mid 8s and absolutely flying. Hanging out with all the lightning guys was tons of fun.

I'm off to work on Wednesday and will be back in Indy after the 4th of July. The exhaust should be on then and I'm looking forward to hanging out again.

Later
Dan

I'm home after many hours on the side of the highway last night... stupid coolant lines.

I went out in the semi-finals. Redlight against Johnny Lightning. Best pass was a 10.03@138 letting out at the 1000 ft mark. I did make an 1/8th mile that would've been a 9.77@147 if I would've stayed in it, but I got on the brakes right after the 1/8th and went 10.80@92...

I walked through the Lightning section but was felt stupid to come up and talk to you guys. Hey I am B D A Z S V T just didnt seem right. next time I am bringing my truck that will make it easier.
Jay

Same one. That $8/ft silicone hose was poop lasted 100 miles. But the red hose was even more poop - lasted 20 miles. So I ended up just bypassing the whole oil cooler until I figure out some heat shield.

First time I drained all the coolant from the BB truck to make up the missing coolant in the SB. The next time I emptied all the water from the ice chest. The third time I started walking and thankfully a cop picked me up and took me to get water/coolant.

BDAZ - Man, that's what EVERYONE does. "Hi, I'm Jeff, FMOS Racing..."

Be safe, Dan, and keep in touch. We'll have a shindig for your return in a couple months.

Dang, you had to walk, I should have waited to leave then I could have at least given you a ride. You might have to fab up some kind of hard line maybe that will solve the problem.

Sorry guys I had to bug out quickly, but I had some stuff to take care of at my parents house before I left. At least my exhaust and Wideband will be on when I get home.

See you guys in July.

Back