Not my year... blown sparkplug

coldie

So is there an accepted/acceptable fix for blown sparkplugs? I've blown out the same one (passenger side 3rd back) twice now, so I'm thinking I've got a real issue...

Coldie

Yeah, I'm likely gonna go with the time-sert.

The Mustang Shop is saying they likely want to pull the head though, seems unnecessary from what I've read.

Anyone have any thoughts? Is TMS not the right place to have this done (yeah, I know I can do it myself, but if I can pay someone else, I'm all for it right now)

---------- Post added 10-12-2012 at 10:25 PM ----------

After checking around, Doug at Eastside Services Inc took care of the timesert insert (he's done them before and already had all the tools/experience).

He charged me 1.5 hours which is about the price of me renting the kit from someone, so I'm pretty happy.

We'll see if it holds up, but right now I'd recommend them!

Coldie

Had that one happen this year too on my 97 Expy. Ended up time certing. holding up ok but it constantly in the back of my head: when will the next one go??????:headscratch:

Had two blow out of my last truck, the first was the day before I left for Hawaii. Which actually worked out, I ordered a Time-Sert kit off ebay and it was ready for me when I got home. (that truck was a DD, so I would have had an issue) Then another blew 2 months later. Dont have the truck anymore, but the time-serts held up well while I had it.

Back