No start issues

dougsharp

DougSharp
Looking for help in Kansas City with stalling / no start issues on my 1994 Lightning. When the issues started it would die occasionally while driving , now it will not start at all. So far I have replaced the coil , TFI Module , Distributor , and battery. Truck has 67k miles. Mods include Kenne Bell (5psi) , APE chip , Jacobs Ignition box , Crane timing retard (manual dial) , and Kenne Bell boost a pump. I am lost when it comes to fuel injection and Electronics. I would be happy to pay someone for their time to get this issue fixed. I live in Kansas City , North of the River.

Thanks ,

Doug Sharp

No start issue fixed

removed the Jacobs box and went back to stock ignition , problem solved. Thanks to all who replied. Now after my test drive , transmission feels like it is slipping...... Could I have disturbed anything to make that happen?

i had a msd box go bad before--thats why i said to take off the jacobs box---glad it runs again---dont know what all the jacobs box runs other than the spark--also if i remember the e4od didnt shift hard stock

Transmission

Just an update on the trans issue......2nd gear sprag came apart! Oh well , just an excuse to update the tranny and add my recently purchased Punisher valve body:)

Lightning

Ezer - Must have just missed you at the All Truck Nationals in Riverside a couple of weeks ago. As I was parking my truck on the street I noticed your black beauty sitting in a row. By the time I made my way over , you were gone. I would love to see that beauty up close sometime , I love those old trucks! If you live near KC , stop by and have a beer sometime.:clinkmugs

Back