No posts

Maybe Jim is in the middle of a twin turbo build?

Or a Dart blocked 438"

Or a custom 4 link install

Or a Holley Dominator and quick 4 install

What ya gotta do jim?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Tires, Holley, tune and get it set up properly. Runs great, the heads woke it up but I'm out of MPH at 1200 ft. I'm not spending money on a quick fix just to race. Besides, I'd probably blow the trans since I passed on Jamies. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plenty of time left. My truck is in pieces right now and I'm pretty confident it will be there at the rate I am going

I get it and I am appreciative of the offer. Its still a bandaid and without a tune for my junky setup loaded, its too risky for my taste. Especially since I'm probably be driving the L there.

Get a tune. Tons of time left. I need someone to whoop up on. jk

Im forever the sparring partner. Lol. 12.35 last time and still the slowest ride at the fest.

Im forever the sparring partner. Lol. 12.35 last time and still the slowest ride at the fest.

Come on Jimmy. You did all that head work. Get the Holley and wire that beast up. U can do it!

Come on Jimmy. You did all that head work. Get the Holley and wire that beast up. U can do it!

Adam did the work. (I owe him large). I just bolted it back together. Its not just the Holley, or quick 4, or fuel, tune, wire time etc. Its the entire package. I could slap something together cheap and run, for sure. But it won't be right, and it won't be right for a while. As it is, in my current state its not worth the entry fee and towing expenses.

Its not just the Holley, or quick 4, or fuel, tune, wire time etc. Its the entire package.

I hate to say this Jim but the rate at which you put money into your truck (which isn't much from the years I've known you) you'll be dead before you put aside enough money to do all those items.

You could put a tweecer on there with a tune (I know your a Matt Hill guy) and be good and safe for a while to both enjoy our spookfest and Cecil rentals until you save up enough to do the entire package.

Why the heck is this all about me? There are others that can go but wont participate. At least I raced at Spookfest. Many can't make that claim.
I could spend kilobucks on the truck tomorrow if I choose. I won't. I spent plenty on my enjoyment in the hobby over the past couple of years. Right now, the truck is not that high on my priority list. Its running fine, a ball to drive and serves well as a multipurpose vehicle. When its time to upgrade, I will. And you'll all know about it.

I'd pay the $200 to race my stock truck but no street tires allowed. Id like to race it just as it sits, not looking to borrow wheels/tires. I probably couldn't even do a burnout with sticky tires.

It's not all about you Jim, we just want to see you there racing.

Back