(no kill) 04 L vs. 03 zo6

betsvt

i ran my friends 03 zo6 and even though i lost i thought id share.

we went from a 50 roll. i dropped it in 2nd (about 3500rpms) and pinned it from there at the 3rd honk and we both took off exactly, then i shifted right into drive (O/D off). but i stayed with him until about 85 then he slowly pulled on me.. at about 100 he was 1 length in front and still slowly pulling. i let off about 105. i was impressed with it but i thought id hang in there a little longer, but then again its still a heavy truck :eek:ldtu:

his only mod is a vera ram cai.

im running a 2.3whipple with a 4# lower, sbtb, cai, e-fan, 60#'s, and full bassani exhaust.

what do yall think?

LS6 Z06=monster, dont feel bad. i had a pro driver take me out on a 3mile road course in his 03'Z.....lets just say i have a new found respect for those cars.

i totally agree!
but i still would love to pull on one :devious:

what would i have to get next to take one from a roll?
4:10 gear?

That's just about what happened to me.... My roommate just bought an 02 Z06 w/ a Vera ram, high flow cats, X-pipe and Borla stingers. We did a 40 punch and he put about a length or two on me when we shut down at 100 mph. How much power are you putting down? I have a 4lbs lower, OBX SS catback, Xpipe, Dyno tune with an SCT X3 and a 100 shot of N20. Next mods are longtubes, Crower stage 2 cams and springs. Hopefully that will be enough to get him :?

4:10 would make you slower rolling but a beast out the hole. And to the person above me you lost to the vette with a 100 shot????

Don't roll race a ZO6, you will lose everytime unless you have a built motor and alot of boost. Go from a dig you will do much better.

Back