Soul Rebel

Wow I didn't even know that there was a llightning club/forum for Hawaii. What's up my name is josh and I'm looking to buy either a 454ss or a lightning, (gen 1) although I am leaning more toward the lightning. So do any of you guys know anyone who is selling a gen 1 for $9,000 or under? Preferably stock or close to it with under (or not much more) than 100,000 miles. The main reason I'm leaning more towards the lightning is because I heard the gas mileage on the 454 is horrific and living in Hawaii we all know how bad gas prices are. I would like to get a truck from Hawaii, but I am in need of a vehicle and I might buy one off this board if nothing comes up within the next month or so. If I do have to buy one off this board I can only spend about $7,500 or so due to shipping charges. Thanks and any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to Hawaii.

First, lightnings are hard to come by here, especially Gen1's.
You would have more luck looking on the mainland and suck up the shipping charges. California and Arizona is where I would start.

You should be able to find a nice used Gen1 for a reasonable price. try the f150online classifieds also.

Max

Thanks for responding. Do you think the red 95 lightning that's on sale on this board is a good deal? I need a car pretty bad, and I love the gen 1, so I'm talking to the guy already. Any input would be appreciated.

I emailed you! My friend has a Generation 1 Black Lightning for sale in great condition with low mileage on Oahu.

djy

nevermind

Djy, I sent you an email, but I also pm'ed you with some new info on my situation. Thanks.
Josh

Josh, This is the email my friend Dave sent me hope this is some help!

IT'S A 1995 MODEL WITH 87,086 MILES. IT HAS FRONT & REAR FRONT BILSTEIN
SHOCKS. FRONT BRAKES WERE DONE AT 75,988 MILES. FAIRLY NEW FIRESTONE
FIREHAWK GTA TIRES. AIR CONDITIONER BLOWS COLD. I WAS THINKING ABOUT PUTTING
AN AD IN THE ADVERTISER & STAR BULLETIN AND ASKING $10,000/O.B.O. I CAN SHOW
THE TRUCK ANYTIME.

DAVE S.

Last edited:
Thanks Djy, I'm not sure though... Sounds like a really nice truck, but I don't have $10000, I have maybe $9000 to spend and I don't want to be a low baller. I will give your friend a call in a day or two maybe just to check it out (depending on the cost of shipping from Michigan to Hawaii) I may be a serious buyer, but I don't know yet. I'll know for sure in a day or two. Thanks a lot.
Josh

Back