Newbie needs some help

Txoutlaw

Hello Everyone,
I am new to the L world and I didn't know that there is an Austin branch of the NLOC. Man I am glad I found this forum!

I need some help. I ran at an 1/8th mile track in Abilene, Tx this weekend and my times were laughable. I have a post explaining all of the particulars in the Gen II forum. It lists my times if your interested in taking a look. Just be prepared to laugh your butt off!

http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47105

I'm not sure but I don't think my stock L is running comparable to other stock L's but then again it could just be me. What I would like to do is take a trip up to Austin one Saturday or Sunday and meet up with one of you that has experience with the L. You could see if my L runs comparable to other L's. If you think you may be interested in taking a look at my L please give me a shout. My email address is tmcwilliams@stx.rr.com.

Thanks,
Todd

Last edited:
wait until the cool winter days/cold nights come again. That's the only time I bothered heading for the ¼ mile strip. It makes a HUGE difference.

good luck!

TX SVT LIGHTNING said:
wait until the cool winter days/cold nights come again. That's the only time I bothered heading for the ¼ mile strip. It makes a HUGE difference.

good luck!

Man I can't wait until it gets cooler. I bet it does make a huge difference! This may be the time to just work on the launch and the tree. Then when the cooler months come around I may be able to run a respectable time.

Thanks

Back