'new' wheels on the L

StangBolt

SteamBoat
I just got the powdercoating done to the L wheels that I got from Frank, and then painted the centercaps as well. I left the 'SVT' in the centercaps, but you can barely see it in those pics...
I love it, what do you guys think?
DSC00430.JPG

This is my 'other' toy, which I have had running for awhile now. Still on WG spring only break-in on the motor, but now I have a ball joint trying to fail on me (may have been helped by the bent wheel that was on it), so it is currently in the shop getting new ball joints and bushings on the front A arms...
DSC00427.JPG

I love the black poweder coated wheels. What did you pay for them, been looking to get mine done vs buying new rims. Is your truck lowered also? I like it

There is a place here in Little Rock AR that does it for $40 a wheel.
And I can now say they do good work too.

My truck is lowered in the back with shackles to make it even, but that is it. The front is stock '02 ride height. I also have 285/50 Nitto404s vs the original 295/45 F1s...

Looks good Ben! You should put those wheels you got from me on the Lightning. That sh!t would be mad tight yo! :D

Looks good Ben! You should put those wheels you got from me on the Lightning. That sh!t would be mad tight yo! :D

Word!
I would but I traded them to Jeff for some that will match my slicks better. I hope to get them on for this weekend...

Yeah, they still on it. I have not tried to remove them yet, been too busy getting that other beast lined out (the Thunderbird). When that thing hits the road again, it will have all new bushings and ball joints in the front end (along with tie rods which I did a couple months ago). Should drive like a brand new car!
Then, I will have to sit down and figure out a way to get those wheels off without damaging anything...

At least you dont need new rotors. I was checking mine out the other day (got a vibration) and aparently there is a nice crack in mine. WOHOO. Hopefully I can get one from autozone or off the sites or something to get me back going.

Back