New Supporting Vendor

Frank5L

1.37 60' on Drag Radials
Don Polk @ Polk Performance has been very instrumental in getting my turbo project going!

He's working now on a kit for the Gen 2s. Everything is going to be cast.

Here is a basic list of parts going to come with the kit:

GT4276 turbo
2 Tial 38mm wastegates (2 will be better for boost control)
4" turbo back complete exhaust (stainless) V-band setup
Blow off valve (not sure which one yet)
Cast maf to turbo pipe
Cast upper intake
Cast exhaust manifold
Cast turbo to TB pipe
K&N filter
New oil pan with drain back flange
Oil feed line
Oil return line

Things ARE subject to change. mhays26's truck is the truck thats being used.

This is also the shop that built the REAL ShockTherapy's turbo setup!

He's been working on Ford products longer than he wants anybody to know, I guarantee that! :D

Talked to Don on the phone the other day GREAT guy to deal with.Cant wait for this kit to come out. I'm wondering if the cast parts are going to be polished inside. I guess I just have to wait..............

He's been working on Ford products longer than he wants anybody to know, I guarantee that!
Yep help set a few National records back in the day. Then I was knee deep into porting and flow bench testing. These days BIG boost is my love.

Hope to be a part of this community.

:tu: :tu:

Glad to see I can pimp the Polk name on here now without getting in trouble. :)

Seriously though, they are a great group of guys and are genuine enthusiasts who enjoy their work, and take pride in doing a quality job. I know quite a few came to look at my truck at LFest this year, but for those that didn't get a chance, here's a small view of the twin turbo job they did for me.

CIMG0461%20mod.jpg

CIMG0462%20mod.jpg

two things please! make a dual dump pipe that doesnt flow into the exhaust, and please keep the stock air to water intercooler!

Over $5K? Using the stock inter-cooler? Wow, do they really want to sell such a low volume of kits? Do we really need a turbo capable of giving us 1000HP?

I want to see something around $4500 using the stock inter-cooler that would be good to 750hp.

Don't take this as criticism, just asking that they consider the biggest need when designing their kit.

-Mark

Mark,

I'm sure they would like to make the cost lower but I don't think going with a smaller turbo will really shave off that much money.

A KB, LT's and mid's will run $3.5-4.5k used to new. Most people upgrade to more HP in a progression so they'll likely have either an upgraded MAF or an extender, bigger injectors, etc. Otherwise, you have to add that in as well.

Robert

I'd really like to see a kit with an air to air intercooler just to keep from having a heatsoak issue, but from what Frank told me it's not a big issue with his truck.

What I would like to see is more pics of the products. I have no problem spending 6 grand but I would like to see the product first.
Also I have no clue about turbos but could you upgrade to a bigger turbo I don't want no teeny weeny turbo.

The turbo in the kit will be a little bit bigger than the turbo I'm running. They are developing the kit right now and I'm sure Matt will take plenty of pics.

Is this kit that they are biulding going to be a bolt on kit? Or is there going to be alot of custom work needed to put it in. I guess what I'm trying to say is will someone with descent mechanical skills be able to install this kit.

Back