new pics of the crew cab project

hey dan,

When you gonna come over and check out the truck? I can't really take it out right now just got the rear lowered and now I have to start on the front,

but you are more than welcome to stop by a check it out!!!

Here is a little progress pic

Picture097.jpg

Later,

DEVLYN

Thanks devlyn, with this wheather I have got alittle busy. I have my eye on another junk lightning to get my next row of seats. I got my tube bumper installed and changed to tailgate to one without the panel. stil need to lower the back of mine and change the mirors and window trim. and also swap rearends but woth gas prices I may hold off on the 4.10s

It's shaping up nicely. Now just need to get rid of all that chrome. Are out going to remove the body side molding. IMO, it needs to go.

If you can get the moldings off without tearing anything up...use 3M Adhesive remover. It comes in a white and red aerosol can at any paint supply store. Use liberally and let it soak and that part will be a breeze.

To get the adehsive off go to a good parts store and ask for a pin stripe removeal wheel. It is a rubber wheel you can put on a drill and it will take that stuff right off. You will also feel like some just dumpen eraser crumbs all ofer you since what comes off looks like eraser. It works great. It is what i used on my supercab clone to get that stuff off. Use moderate pressure and a medium speed, otherwise it tries to melt the adhesive them you have to wait for it to cool before working that spot again.

Go to my website here: LIGHTNING ROY to see a couple of pics of a Crew Cab L that Full Effects built in 1995. There's some pics of my Blue Super Cab L and a few other Super Cabs as well as some pics of my Replica Trans AM Coupe. The Crew Cab had the L front seats and center consel in back.

Roy

Good work

Bet you have a lot of fun driving and looking at your iron and knowing how good it really is.:)

Lots of fun but tons of work. The 2 funnest vehicles I have are my 2002 SVT Focus that I drive every day and open track with and our 5.0-5speed 92 Ranger. The vehicle that gets the most attention though is our 69 VW Bug that I fixed up for my wife. More people seem to be able to relate to that car than the others.

Roy

How is it coming OutlawDan?? any updates

got my second set of lightning seat and just bought a spare third set. tire blow out set me back and need to replace the bed. I am going to try and paint the whole truck, get rid of that side moldings and the rest of the chrome parts handles mirors and window trim.

I was looking under my truck and can see where centurion stretched the standard cab to a crew cab. you can see all the welds because they are starting to rust where the floors meet.

I was looking under my truck and can see where centurion stretched the standard cab to a crew cab. you can see all the welds because they are starting to rust where the floors meet.

i'm interrested in seeing that, if you think about and its not too hard, snap some pics

matt

Back