New Mod

I

Icepick

p6773528cc045d54012a27d610e3551a7

very nice...who needs windshield wiper juice anyways???

[This message has been edited by Muddmann (edited 09-11-2000).]

Wow, Icepick is that some kind of after cooler? Tell us about it. Nice fab job!

------------------
94 Crimson.
NLOC member #343
Team Powerdyne, 8psi,bypass
13.90@ 98mph

Here's the scoop... The charge cooler is a Spearco air/water part #2-230-B its rated @ 1500cfm (over twice the flow of the Vortech's 5.0 aftercooler!) it comes assembled with the 3inch inlet/outlits, I fabed the pipes by using two 3in 180 degree mandrel exhaust tubing bends, The blower outlet pipe required quite a bit cutting and welding for the correct fit... The TB side was easy... 3in i.d. truck radiator hose to holds everything together, Right now I have it setup as a strip only piece using ice water for cooling, I bought a 6 gallon ice chest (beer cooler) mounted a 750 GPH bilge pump in the bottom (switch mounted in the cab to active), installed 3 garden hose fitting though it, in/out and a drain, Plumbed it all with black 5/8 garden hose that's about it! Pretty simple and should be very effective... I don't have any hard data on it yet but my calculations lead me to believe that it should be worth at least 50hp on my rig, Only time will tell... Right now the trucks having some drivability issues due to the airflow changes/compressor surge at cruise speed, I'm going to add an extra bypass valve between the core and the blower (I think this will fix it)

track times soon to come! ;-)

Later,
Dave

Hey Dave, that's some nice engineering. There's only one problem - it's in your truck, not mine!
biggrin.gif
Seriously, keep us posted on the results.

------------------
VJ Racing
Black 93 #3181
nloc 72
13.85@98

That is a sweet setup. i thought the pump was rated to high, until I put pen to paper and did the math. It will circulate 2.5 gallons in 12 seconds, so the water will still be nice and cold for the whole race, not just the first few feet.

------------------
Keep it safe...

John Norris
Red '93 # 3395
NLOC # 227
Nassau Bay, Texas

[This message has been edited by TraumaPirate (edited 09-12-2000).]

just like to add... DAMN MAN

oh, your initials are TP..hehe

nice work!!!

SHOW OFF hehe

------------------
Marcus Harrison
95Lightning
NLOC#495
1/4=12.9s
1/8=8.17s
TeamPowerdyne
View

I made a couple of passes with the intercooler unfortunately the track wasn't hooking well but I still managed a new best! 12.1 @ 111 with a 1.8 60 ft
With better traction and a little more tinkering I suspect I will to be able to runs 11s with pump gas! ;-)

Later,
Dave P.

Hey,
I was just looking at the turbo kit in the gen 1 pages and I thing your cooler would work better than the on they have on it. It would cut down on turns in the tubing and increase the power. just a thought? Check out the pages turbo vs supercharger.

------------------
Chi-Lightning
"94 white Lightning
PA shift kit
K&N filter
Pulleys
Energysuspesion bushings

Dave, are you using common 3" aluminized exhaust pipe for the duct work? If so, did you polish it, it sure looks shiney.
biggrin.gif

Dave, are you using common 3" aluminized exhaust pipe for the duct work? If so, did you polish it, it sure looks shiney.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Keep it safe...

John Norris
Red '93 # 3395
NLOC # 227
Nassau Bay, Texas
burn1.gif

John,

Yep, I shined it using a scotch-bite pad but this was only a temporary fix... I have since painted it silver to match the intake, blower, etc.

Later,
Dave P.

Back